Sunday, August 18, 2019

Back To Soapmaking



It's been ages since I made soap.  When my dad was going downhill, I just didn't have the energy or motivation.  My inspiration is back! Today I made a batch of Shea Butter Goat's Milk Soap with blueberry fragrance oil.  It's for an Etsy order that I received last week.

It was really enjoyable to melt the oils and shea butter, let them cool down for a couple of hours, and then add the lye, goat's milk soap ice cubes, and blueberry flavored scent.  It smells incredible ! I put the tray molds in the freezer for a half hour, and then transferred them into the fridge.  Once they have hardened, I will pop them out of the molds.

I've been on a cooking frenzy, too.  Since my dad died, I have started making and baking really delicious meals again.  Today I seasoned some chicken breasts and browned them in olive oil for tacos.  I whipped up some guacamole, and had a delicious lunch.  I love Mexican food.  It's so satisfying and flavorful.

What have you been having for meals lately?  Do you usually eat at home?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.   

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever eaten guacamole. I must look up a recipe and give it a try. Those soaps sound beautiful. Have you ever made rose scented ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, It's delicious, if you like cilantro. It's very popular here with tortilla chips. I like to dip carrots and red pepper slices into it, too. It's also nice on quesadillas.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your feeling more energetic and motivated to make things, again. I tend to eat more take out foods when my daughter visits! Otherwise, I do eat at home quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thanks Bless. Eating homemade food at home really saves money.

      Delete
  3. Your soaps are so nice and I am sure you will sell the remainder of them fast. We very rarely eat out anymore because I enjoy cooking a nice meal at home. When we do eat out it is usually for lunch and is part of a day of fun out and about. One of my favorite places is a restaurant in the heart of the San Diego Zoo, Alberts. You can sit outside among the tree tops and listen to the animals on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I enjoy cooking a nice meal at home, too. That restaurant in San Diego sounds fabulous!

      Delete
  4. I almost always eat at home.
    Your soaps are so pretty. I also didn’t make soap for a while.

    I’m glad you are feeling good again, and enjoying cooking and soap making again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire your soaps. I’ve glanced at them here and there. They are beautiful, and so is your knitting.

    ReplyDelete