Thursday, August 29, 2019

Swimming In a Fresh Water Lake



This morning I drove back up to the cabin.  I stopped on the way at a campground, and took a dip in the lake.  The scenery was gorgeous.  The jagged mountains were lined with tall pines.  The sun was sparkling on the lake.  I could hear the fish jumping and bubbling in the water.  The whole place was teeming with energy and  life.

Lula and I were the only ones there.  We had the entire lake and campsite to ourselves!  I hung my Adventure Pass on the rear view mirror, and  changed into my swimsuit in the public restroom.  We went for a walk and stumbled upon a Bible Camp that had incredible facilities.  No one was staying there, but there were some workers on the premises.  I could hear a generator and some voices shouting over it.  We headed back to the peace and stillness of the lake.

I had forgotten how invigorating it feels to swim in fresh water.  Lula dog paddled around and tried to lean on me as I was swimming.  Her nails were scratching my skin, and I kept laughing.  Labs always want to have contact with you, like guide dogs.   She is so funny.  We both were in a state of pure joy.

Here are a couple more links to the area. stayinwrightwood.com has a hysterical episode of Judge Judy deciding on a court case about a rental cabin up there.  I love Judge Judy.  She's such a New Yorker.   She always makes me laugh with her comments to people who don't want to follow the law.  She is so cut and dry; nothing gets by her.   

This article shows some gorgeous swimming holes across America.  I explored one in Yosemite when I was there.  There is something so simple and pleasurable about them.  I am looking forward to the change in seasons,  but am still soaking up the healing sunshine and beach opportunities while I can.  Hope you enjoy...

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

14 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful. I think you made a great decision to purchase the cabin. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the cabin is making you very content, sounds very serene. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Everyday Life. You are right. I feel so at home there.

      Delete
  3. It sounds heavenly! I like those court shows...I learn from them! Such a neat area (the last video) and to see California in your eyes! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. It is just gorgeous. I like those court shows, too. They are very helpful if you are in business.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a perfect and peaceful day. I love the story of Lula swimming with you. She wants to protect you! I also am a Judge Judy fan. Straight forward common sense-I would love to have drinks with her. Here's to a fast close on your new cabin so you can really enjoy the mountain air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she funny, Anita? I just love her. I was actually invited to go on her show years ago. I had to take someone to court for some reasons I won't mention. He wouldn't go on her show. She would have mopped up the floor with him!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Pipistrello. She is a very happy girl. She has such a sweet disposition.

      Delete
  6. Stephenie, I couldn't access the first link you posted.

    Sounds like you had a perfect day. You are so brave to go by yourself.

    A long time ago (may be 11-12 years ago) I used to watch Judge Judy, and I too like her no nonsense attitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, For some reason, it is no longer working. If you type it into your browser yourself, you can get there with www.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you both had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We, did, Mereknits. It's so beautiful there. The lake was really refreshing.

    ReplyDelete