Sunday, August 25, 2019

A Visit To The New Cabin

We are in escrow now.  Things are moving along well, on schedule.  I was thinking of taking the Beach Bus to Santa Monica today, but I just wasn't in the mood.  It gets very crowded there on the weekends.  I was longing to go back to the mountains to look at my new cabin.  I am so excited about it!

I took Lula with me, and we drove up together.  I packed some snacks, plenty of water, and my knitting.  We arrived around noon, and went walking around what will be my new neighborhood. It's really breathtaking.  I found the country club, which is spectacular.  There were several kids playing in the lake.  There are trees everywhere, buildings that look like cabins, and happy families.  I just love the vibe.

The street where I will be living (part time,) is exquisite.  I have been wishing that I could be in an area with such artistic homes and gardens for years.  The only reason I can afford this one is because it is sixty miles from my cottage.  The further you get from the city, the cheaper the prices are.  I also have inherited money from my parents.  Their home was paid off, and that has enabled me to purchase this one.

I had lunch at my favorite cafe, and met a nice man and his two young, adorable children.  They enjoyed Lula and we had fun chatting.  He's a teacher, and he loves the peacefulness up there.  He invited me out for coffee.  Everyone I meet in the area seems very happy, laid back, and friendly.

I took a test ride on an ebike.  It was kind of scary, but also fun.  The leader seemed like he was racing around to me, but that's because I'm older.  The bikes are too expensive for me, but they are really cool.  There's no one to fix them if you have a flat tire, or need a repair. Still, I can see why they are so popular.  I may just buy a folding Schwinn mountain bike. The trails up there are so special.  At Inspiration Point, you are above the clouds, gazing down at the tops of the mountains.

Lula and I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail.  There are all kind of campsites and retreat spaces to rent.  Maybe I will have a yoga and knitting retreat somewhere.  I think it would be fun.  The setting is just gorgeous! I wanted to take photos, but I didn't have any storage space on my ipad.  Too many apps...I will get some. You will love them.  I will post some Youtube videos of the area. It's a lot greener now.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

10 comments:

  1. Of course you are excited! Looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks earthmotherwithin. It is so pretty up there. I just love being in the mountains.

      Delete
  2. It sounds wonderful, Stephenie. How will you split your time between your home and your mountain cabin? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I'm not sure yet. It's flexible, so it will probably depend on the weather. It's an easy drive, without the traffic that we normally have in LA.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful place, Stephenie. I'm sure you are just waiting for escrow to close so you can spend some time in your new cabin. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you do post them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bless, Yes, I am excited for escrow to close. I have been getting familiar with the neighborhood. Everyone I have met just loves living up there. It's so peaceful. The views are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel your excitement just by reading this post. :)
    I can't wait to see the photos of your new mountain cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! It sounds idealic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady Locust. It really is. I have been going up there for five years, always hoping to buy something someday.

      Delete