Friday, September 20, 2019

Closer To Closing on the Cabin

 
Tomorrow I am going up to the cabin to meet with the seller and to learn the details of the home.  I think it's so sweet of her to offer to show me around, and to explain how everything works.  I have a few questions.  I didn't really understand the combination traditional/gas fireplace when the inspector showed it to me.  I also need to learn how to turn on the sauna.  I can't wait to use it! I feel like a little girl anticipating Christmas morning.


I sent in some more paperwork to escrow by Docusign today.  It's exciting how easy it is, now that you can sign your paperwork online.  Yesterday I had a notary come to the house, and she talked me through a huge stack of papers.  I drove to Fedex and had them returned to Victorville.  There are so many details to remember.

I had the water, gas, and electric all put into my name and  turned on today.  The insurance agent sent me a quote. I plan to use the free wifi at the library and local cafe.  I spend most of my time in nature when I'm up there, anyway.   


Today I took my bicycle in and had the pedals replaced.  This bike is the latest one that I bought used.  It's in excellent condition, but the plastic pedals were falling apart.  I got a much sturdier pair, and they feel so much stronger.  I plan to take a bike ride tonight with Lula.  I have a front light and a tail light.  It's exciting to coast down the street when there isn't much traffic.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

25 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates Stephenie. I can't wait to hear more about the cabin once you start using it. Is property expensive to buy there? Do people rent them out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie. There are some good deals there, since it's an hour and a half from LA. Many people rent the out to tourists. I like older homes that don't have upgrades, and they cost far less than the remodeled ones.

      Delete
    2. I much prefer older homes too. I like to think it has been lived in and loved in. Is there a link to a rental site... we have big plans for a special holiday next year and are looking around to see where we fancy going.

      Delete
  2. Will you be permanently moving to the mountains? It's very beautiful and I can't wait to see the place when you've sprinkled your magic on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times! Good move about the bike pedals too...

    Enjoy the visit to the cabin...and I am sure you will have plenty to think about afterwards...dreaming of being able to stay there at last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks earthmotherwithin. It's so different there. I don't hear any traffic, trains, or planes. I can't wait to see the stars at night from the deck.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited for you! Sounds like you'll be up in your cabin very soon! The new roses and zinnias look great! I see that the bird bath is actually Lula's big drinking bowl! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Bless, Yes, I always have to refill it. I am looking forward to getting the keys.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to learn more about your new home, its getting closer and closer. Exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mamasmercantile, That's true. I ordered chains for my car, and they arrived yesterday.

      Delete
  6. That docusign is a lifesaver...saves lots of time and trips! Lula looks so pretty sniffing around...pretty and fresh flowers. Hope you had a great trip at the cabin learning all about it. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Yes, docusign is fabulous. It's so fast. It was wonderful to meet the previous owner of the cabin and her son. They were so helpful.

      Delete
  7. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the closing. It is very nice of the last owner to show you how things work. I suspect she will miss the place. Lula and her tall water bowl made me laugh! Beautiful zinnias by the way. Mine are all on their last legs now that summer is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Zinnias are so cheerful. I just bought these zinnias at Green Thumb. The owner paid such attention to detail. She is a really kind woman.

      Delete
  8. Have a wonderful time, I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mereknits. We are almost there. Just waiting for the deed to be transferred into my name.

      Delete
  9. Such an exciting time, Stephenie. The cabin sounds like such a peaceful place to be. I had a chuckle at Lula drinking from the bird bath. Our dog does that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is. All of my dogs have done that with the birdbath. I just keep refilling it so that the birds get their water, too.

      Delete
  10. Such an adorable picture of Lula! Enjoy your new abode. Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You swill love the sauna come winter. We had one up the mountain. When it's cold and snowy, it's sooo nice to defrost. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't wait to use it, Lady Locust. I have been dreaming of having one for decades. It's expensive to go to the public ones here. At the gym, people go in wearing their sweaty gym clothes, so I stopped going.

      Delete