Tuesday, September 17, 2019

More Photos Of My New Haven In The Mountains



My favorite trail so far is this one.  It takes you deep into the forest.  I always pretend that it's the 1800's when I am walking there.  I can just imagine what it must have been like on horseback.  It's so still and quiet. 


Lula and I stopped at this cute little cafe.  I had a bowl of cream of artichoke soup.  She was given a bowl of fresh water, which she knocked over and spilled on the deck. 


This older cabin has so much personality. There is a lot of stone work on these buildings. I love the detail.  It takes me back to a different time and lifestyle.


They sell plants for $2.00 at the pizza place.  I am excited to buy things locally.  We are far away from the Los Angeles traffic up here.  It's a slower, calmer pace.




I love the shape of the trees.  They emit such a  healing energy.  Every cabin seems to have a large deck where you can gaze at the mountains and commune with nature.  As I get older, I need more of that time.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

18 comments:

  1. I can see that you are going to be so happy living up in the mountains. It looks like a very quiet and beautiful little town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfect. Don't you love the scent of the pines. Should be wonderful after a good rain. Bet Lula loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, Yes, the smell of the pines is delicious.

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty little town. I can imagine it would be very different from downtown LA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi earthmotherwithin, It is totally different. The landscape changes dramatically as you drive to different areas of Los Angeles.

      Delete
  4. That cabin looks like it could be something from Little House on the Prairie! Looks like a wonderful place in which to spend time, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many of them, Bless. They all have different personalities and looks.

      Delete
  5. It looks beautiful and peaceful amongst the trees. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Jules. The views are gorgeous for sitting with a coffee and knitting.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Wish I could visit! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, Andrea. Solvang is another very sweet small town near here. It has a Danish feel.

      Delete
  7. Hi Stephenie I am so happy you have found your little haven in the mountains.You are a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Everyday Life, I spent years looking. I knew that I would know it when I saw it. The timing was ideal.

      Delete
  8. It looks beautiful and so peaceful. Like you I can imagine life from a bygone ere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's how it feel, mamasmercantile. The homes are so charming. It reminds me of a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete