Monday, September 23, 2019

Escrow Closed Today



At 5:45 p.m. today I received the call that escrow had closed on the cabin.  Phew!  It was a long roller coaster ride of emotions.  There were some unexpected challenges, but I held my focus.  I kept imagining swinging on the swing on the deck, and walking Lula through the neighborhood.


I met with the seller and her son over the weekend.  She went through the home and showed me all of the little details.  She also explained the history of the cabin to me.  It was built by a man from Germany.  You can tell.  The craftsmanship is just incredible.  There are so many fine details.  It is really a labor of love.

I am excited to be able to walk to town.  That will save gas, be good for the environment, and also keep me in shape.  It's a beautiful area for bike riding, too.  Once the weather is cold, it will be too icy.  I can still bike at the pink cottage year round, though.


I found a train station with a park and ride, as well.  So I could leave the car halfway.  I love using public transportation.  We have a great system where I live.  It makes me feel better to take the train, the bus, or to ride my bicycle.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can imagine that the process was a bit stressful, waiting for everything to be completed. "Escrow' is a funny word -in Australia I think we just call it 'settlement".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi earthmotherwithin. Yes, it's a relief when the deal closes and the house is in your name.

      Delete
  2. Glad it is all sorted, I know these things are very stressful and emotional, I wish you much happiness and enjoyment there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Such great news! How soon before you are able to take possession of the cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Bet it is a relief to be through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Congratulations Stephenie!
    You are one step closer to moving in now. It’s so exciting 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. We still love the pink cottage. It will be fun to visit up there, though.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! Now we can see the countryside through your eyes! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congested Stephanie I know you're going to be happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mamasmercantile. I absolutely love it. The hiking is supreme.

      Delete