Thursday, September 5, 2019

Staying At A Friend's Cabin



While I was in Vegas for the reunion, Lula and I stayed at my friend Georgie and her boyfriend's gorgeous cabin up in Mount Charleston.  It was so luxurious!  We met at her house, and drove there together.  It's only thirty miles from Las Vegas, where they live.  The difference in the two locations is dramatic.  Las Vegas is stark and dry,  Mount Charleston is filled with pine trees, gorgeous rocks, and breathtaking views.  I can only imagine its beauty in the winter.  Georgie said that it looks like a Christmas card.

The weather is twenty degrees cooler, and the air is fresh and clean.  The desert is SO HOT!  I always forget, until I return.  I guess people acclimate, but I never was able to adjust to that summer heat.  I remember opening the door of my apartment to go outside, and it felt like an oven.  It was worth it, to dance in the shows, though.  Plus, for the rest of the year, the weather was very enjoyable.  Still, I always knew that I would return home to California.

Staying up in the mountains was wonderful and healing.  Lula was in her glory, and received lots of love, hugs, and kisses.  She had her own dog run, and was able to go inside and outside while I was at the party.  She behaved herself very well.

We took a hike that started just down the road from Georgie's cabin.  The trail was well marked, and the views were spectacular.  Georgie and I enjoyed a sauna and relaxed in her fabulous hot tub.  I got to sing some show tunes while Jay played from a songbook at the piano.  The music was exquisite.  It was a wonderful time.  I am looking forward to returning the favor, and having them come stay with me at my new cabin.  Have you had any visitors over the summer?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful cabin and place to visit! No, no visitors over the summer! Too hot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, It is. You have your daughter visit regularly, which is nice. I am looking forward to the cooler weather, too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it, Nil? We sat on the deck and gazed at the beauty. The rocks are magnificent. It's like walking on the moon.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful place to rest a while. You are so lucky to have such good friends. I bet you had a smashing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Yes, I am. Show business is wonderful that way. You meet so many incredible people.

      Delete
  4. What wonderful views from the cabin. Your friend is lucky to have such a place to escape to from Las Vegas. No visitors for us this summer. UMMM-maybe Georgie wants a stuffed deer head (haha)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, They got a terrific deal on this place. They have both invested in real estate over the years.

      Delete
  5. That is beautiful and I bet it was a refreshing break from the LV scene and heat. I love that you provided your own entertainment. That is a skill that sadly is waning from our society. Wish I was a fly listening from the wall:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, Georgie made a tape of a bit of one of our songs. I will try to get it. I have trouble with some of the tech stuff. Singing around the piano is so much fun!

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of these cabin breaks, surrounded with beauty, oh how I love the great outdoors. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too, Everyday Life. The older I get, the more I appreciate natural beauty. It's so healing to spend time in nature.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Isn't it, Akasha? We sat out there and gazed at the mountains and trees for hours.

      Delete
  8. Mount Charleston looks so beautiful. It sounds like a wonderful place to live and I'm not surprised you enjoyed it so much. You have a great friend there Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete