Sunday, September 2, 2018

Cooler Weather: Perfect For Sitting on The Porch


The temperature here has dropped, and it's been wonderful  spending time outside. Yesterday I drove Lula to Towsley Canyon. She loves to go in the car. We did a long, strenuous, seven mile hike. There were a lot of steep switchbacks, and Lula needed to stop several times to lay down and  rest. She drank all of the water in her bottle, and part of the water in mine.


There were several families, couples, and dog owners hiking the trail in the reverse direction. It was enjoyable to be out in the sunshine, feeling the healthy benefits of nature.


Today I am extremely sore. My legs muscles haven't felt  this overworked since I was a professional dancer. The lactic acid is intense. Even though I walk Lula for a couple of miles daily, hiking uphill uses totally different muscles. I plan to soak in a tub with epsom salts and lavender tea.


The front garden has been soothing and comforting. I've been knitting my shawl out there each day.  The greenery emanates a healing and gentle energy. It's such good therapy. I refilled the hummingbird feeder for the woodpecker and hummers. They visit it regularly. The sparrows have been splashing in the birdbath, and the finches feed on the sunflowers. It feels good to be in tune with nature. How is your garden doing?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them   

18 comments:

  1. Your weather sounds heavenly. Poor lula! But She had fun! So true about walking up hills!!! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been lovely, Andrea. She seems fine today.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have cooler weather. Your garden is thriving. Are those four o' clocks in pink and yellow?
    Here it's still very hot and humid. And raining. I'd send you some rain if I could, we have too much here. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. The plants love these temperatures. Yes, those are Four O'Clocks, My neighbor gave me the seeds. They thrive in the heat. Would love to have some of your rain...

      Delete
  3. Oh poor Lulu! Im sure the good long workout was good for the both of you. I do wish we had humming birds here but alas we dont!

    We are coming into spring here, it has been cold and raining the last couple of days which is much needed. Though the hail would have done the crops no good. Though we have seen a dew spring days where the warmth creeps into the air which is completely lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful, Emma. I think Lula and I are both less sore today. I love the hummingbirds. It looks like you have some beautiful species of birds where you live, too.

      Delete
  4. It is wonderful to get out surrounded by nature, very good for the soul I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Living Simply. It creates a cocoon of positive energy. I love to soak in the beauty...

      Delete
  5. Your garden really looks green and calming doesn't it? I rather like this time of year when Autumn hints of colour are almost trying to sneak in. In a week or two the colours are likely to start changing. Is it beautiful in the Autumn out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Yes, it is. The weather is mild. There is a soft breeze, and the temperatures are in the 70's. It's perfect for being outside.

      Delete
  6. I bet Lula slept very well after that hike! And you probably did as well! I planted carrots and radishes last week and they have started coming up already. The lettuce and spinach haven't germinated yet, but planting those in that garden is chancy this time of year. Not too much sun now. I have prepped the winter garden and will be planting over there towards October. Now-if only the squirrels will find somewhere else to forage! Still working on my sweater. I am eager to see the shawl so please share it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're way ahead of me, Anita. I think we get a lot more sun than you do. Would love to see your sweater. I will post a photo of the shawl in my next post. I am finally into the pink section!

      Delete
  7. Epsom salts are wonderful for sore and tired muscles, Stephenie! I hope they are loosening up again now. Over here, it's raining today and it's wonderful because it's been so dry. I have planted some petunias in pots and repotted some geraniums. Later in the week, I'll look at the veg patch and maybe put in some cucumbers for the spring and summer salads ahead! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful, Meg. I love petunias and geraniums. Yes, the muscles are fine now. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. We’re welcoming some cooler weather here too. Love your garden, it looks a relaxing place xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. It is very relaxing. Enjoy the change of seasons...

      Delete
  9. i swear by Epsom salts and lavender... such pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a winning combination, Angela. So glad you like the photos, thanks!

      Delete