Thursday, July 25, 2019

A New Used Bike

my new used bike from Canyon Bicycles in Canyon Country


The other day, I decided to try and find a used bike.  I started at the Salvation Army, but they weren't open, it was too early.  That's where I got my last beach cruiser, and I've been riding it for the past five years. It was only $70.00.  The back wheel had become very wobbly, and it's not fixable.

I stopped in Costco to see if they still carry bicycles, but they said that I'd have to order one online. I thought about Walmart, but decided to try our local bicycle shop first, where I get all of my repairs done. I prefer to shop at small businesses.  I didn't think I'd be able to afford the bikes that he sells, but immediately spotted  one with an orange sale tag.   The owner got very excited when he told me about it.  The person he got it from had traded it in to upgrade to a new bike. "Perfect!" I thought.


bike trail below Newhall Ranch Road in Santa Clarita

It's very light, and I love the way it feels when I ride it. The owner let me take it for a spin, and I was sold. So, for $200.00, I have a very practical used bike. The front wheel, handle bars, and seat are all removable. I need to practice with the front wheel, but it will come in handy for taking the bike in my VW Beetle  up to Ojai.  They have some fabulous trails up there, too.   

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

14 comments:

  1. I hope you get lots of use out of it. The views from the trail look amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules. Thanks. I definitely will. I ride every morning, and sometimes during the day and evening, too.

      Delete
  2. This should be a good bike for you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks earthmotherwithin. It's fantastic. I am really enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new bike! It looks like a very nice bike! The bike trail looks very nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Yes, this trail is new to me, and it's fabulous!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunlight! Enjoy your new bike! Something about a bicycle that appeals to me. I like cruisers but your lighter bike will be nicer to ride. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Yes, it's easier to lift onto the bike rack of the bus that I take to the trailhead.

      Delete
  5. I think you will get a lot of use out of that bike for many years. What will you do with the old bike? I also prefer to shop at the local stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I'm not sure. I may keep it as a back up. It's helpful to have a second bike in case you get a flat tire.

      Delete
  6. Hot Diggity! Nice going. The fact that you will be able to take it with you is a nice feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely bike and a great price, well done :) and the bike trail looks so beautiful. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pensive Pensioner, Thanks. I think so, too. The bike trail is sensational! Thanks for reading and for commenting.

      Delete