Friday, April 17, 2020

I Got My Stimulus Check!

The other day, while checking my bank balance, I noticed that the IRS had deposited  $1,200.  into my account.  I have it set up with direct deposit.  I was thrilled.  I transferred the money from my checking account into my savings.  There's no time like this pandemic to have an emergency fund. 

Suze Orman explained  on her latest podcast that the paper checks will take much longer to receive in the mail than the direct deposits.  You can go on the IRS's website and enter your account information there.  I'm so glad that I already had it set up for several years.  My accountant typed it onto my tax return form.  I get a refund on my health insurance, as well.  That's my largest expense. 

I'm sorry that I haven't been around on many of your blogs lately.  I was catching up on some much needed housecleaning.  I have also spent hours weeding in the garden.  There is still much more to do.  The new fruit trees have made the backyard feel very peaceful and spiritual.  Everything is getting so green; the sumac is rapidly climbing along the back fence.

I am so excited about how the front garden is looking.  It  really is spectacular.  I have dreamed of having roses for twenty years, and now I have three bushes that are in bloom.  They have completely changed the energy in front of the cottage.  Flower power...  

Our tax deadline was extended; that is my next project.  It's always a relief to have  taxes completed.  Itemizing my deductions is on the agenda over coffee tomorrow.  What are you up to at home these days? 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 


18 comments:

  1. I am glad you received your stimulus check, Stephenie. It is wise of you to deposit that in an emergency fund. Sounds like you've been busy, both in the house and out in the garden. I hope you share a picture of your garden with the roses blooming. I sounds like a very lovely space. I have been busy making a mess in my house, which is what I do when I am not cleaning! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I'm sitting out in the garden right now, and it's so relaxing! Cooking does make a mess, doesn't it. It's worth it, though.

      Delete
  2. Well done and that's a nice rebate to receive. I agree; savings are a comfort and a reassurance at any time.
    I've been doing all sorts - gardening, sewing, knitting, housework, watching specials on telly, social chatting online . . . I almost feel guitly about enjoying it all so much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked up on the internet what was the 'sumac' you planted -I have only known it as the yummy spice I sprinkle on my pizza! It is wonderful to have some time to devote to the garden -mine is certainly going to show the results of the hours I am spending there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a spice, emw. I give the berries to my chicken. It's a vigorous vine that works well for privacy.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see your gardens. Hard work in the garden does pay off! No stimulus here yet. I checked the website the first day it opened and it said we are eligible but they didn't have our bank info...i tried to give it but the site was so overloaded it couldn't process. (So we will wait for snail mail). (I tried several times...now I feel bad my personal info was sent over the internet!) Also the form was not very good...I felt...you had to answer either that you got a refund or that you owed taxes on the tax form (we did our 2019 taxes already months ago) and then you had to put in the dollar amount. Well neither applied to us...we didn't owe and they didn't owe us on our tax form so I didn't know what to do! I ended up putting they owed us and put in a zero amount. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I'm sure the website is really busy. It will be nice when your check arrives.

      Delete
  5. We are still waiting for our stimulus checks. It was good to read that yours had arrived safely. While we don't have roses in our yard, we do have a wild rose growing on the bank behind our house. It has bloomed for the first time ever this year-small red roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I like direct deposit for that reason. Your Wild rose sounds beautiful.

      Delete
  6. That's a nice sum to receive, it is always useful to have a bit of spare money for times in need. Our taxes are deducted at source, for which I am eternally grateful because I remember the stress tax returns caused when I was still living in Switzerland. I hope you'll show us your new roses when they are in bloom. I love roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, My taxes are pretty stress free, now. They give me a refund on my health insurance, so they are totally worth it. I love Switzerland. Sorry, but I can't take any photos with my ipad at the moment. No storage...

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you are getting so much joy from your garden, Stephanie. I adore roses and always feel their blooms and perfumes are something special indeed.

    Glad that your stimulus cheque came quickly for you. We received a payment from our government which went straight onto our mortgage. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, Thanks, I am. Roses are so feminine and healing. I love sitting outside and gazing at them. Congrats on putting your money towards the mortgage. That is such a satisfying feeling.

      Delete
  8. I received mine this week, and I decided to transfer it to the brokerage account.
    I’d love to see your front yard. Could you do a photo tour when you have time? 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, That's great that you have that money to invest. I am not able to take garden photos right now, unfortunately. I just deleted a bunch of emails and some photos, but it still says that I have no storage available. Sorry.

      Delete
  9. Glad you are busy. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, too, Mereknits. Hope your dog is healing quickly.

      Delete