Friday, April 24, 2020

The Dogs That Attacked Lula Attacked Another Dog

I found out a couple of days ago that the Rottweiler and Great Dane that attacked Lula in September  attacked another neighbor's dog.  The dog survived, and the owner  surrendered them to Animal Control to be euthanized.

I looked back at my report, and in it I wrote,  "These dogs are vicious dogs. They will do this again.  It is not a question of if, it is a question of when."  It's been a little over six months since  they went after Lula.  She still has nightmares.  I wake her up when she's crying.

I said a silent prayer to my mom to take care of the dogs.  She always walked her dogs every day and treated them like gold.  So did Juliet Prowse.  As I was watering the garden tonight, I hear Juliet's voice in my head.  "Don't worry about the dogs, they are SO much happier here," she said.  Her voice and accent were unmistakable.    

It made me laugh, because that is exactly how she would describe a situation.  Juliet even made her own dog food.  She loved animals.  It makes me smile to think that she's taking care of them.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.   If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

20 comments:

  1. Wow! You were right when you said that those dogs will attack again! I'm sorry they had to be euthanized, but, I guess it was for the best. Poor Lula having nightmares! Continue to take care of yourself and Lula. Hope you have a good weekend. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It has been a gorgeous weekend so far. It's so healing to be outside in the sunshine. I love watching the birds and alpacas.

      Delete
  2. You're right - a dog that attacks is likely to do it again unless the owner takes steps to prevent it. Sad, but true.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really believe that saying about how once they get the taste of blood...

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness they are not going to hurt another dog. It's such a shame that those dogs didn't have a firm and loving hand to take care of them. It's often a case of bad owners rather than bad dogs. Hope you are keeping safe and well Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People use dogs for different reasons. Unfortunately, we have issues with drugs, dog fighting, and those types of behaviors to deal with in California.

      Delete
  4. It's terrible they attacked another dog, although I feel sad that they had to be euthanized, as I feel it is the owner who is at fault. I hope they will be banned from owning dogs in the future. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The laws in California are very lenient. He can still own dogs. He has a third dog, a mastiff. Because that dog wasn't involved, he can keep it.

      Delete
  5. How awful that they attacked again, yet it was inevitable, wasn't it. Sadly it was the owner who was to blame. Poor Lula. It will take some time for her to lose the fear. Lucky she has you. Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was, PP. Being on the receiving end of dogs like that really changes you. It's terrifying.

      Delete
  6. That is sad to hear about those same dogs attacking another. My fear would be if they attack a dog, then a child could be next. Also sad that they had to be euthanised.

    It seems you were right about these dogs attacking again.

    xTania

    xTnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote the same thing in the report. The vet tech told me, "First they bite dogs, then they bite kids."

      Delete
  7. It is nice to believe that vicious dogs revert back to their natural selves in the afterlife. I believe vicious dogs act that way because of mistreatment, abuse and neglect. I made sure my father's beloved Scottie dogs, Joe, Roger, Rodney, and Lester, were mentioned during his graveside service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These dogs were very bored. They barked constantly, for hours on end. Big dogs need exercise, training, and care. They were neglected.

      Delete
  8. Oh poor Lula!

    The owner of those two dogs is a very irresponsible person. To let it happen again to another innocent dog. I hope they will not try to have another dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the owner also owns a mastiff, which he was allowed to keep. It's a very dangerous breed.

      Delete
  9. Thank god those dogs have now been dealt with and will no longer hurt another dog, cat or even young child. Maybe you can rest your heart now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a relief. I wish that in situations like these, owners would not be allowed to have dogs.

      Delete
  10. Such an awful situation, Stephanie. There really isn't another choice in these situations because there is too much of a risk that the dogs would attack again. Owners who have dogs have such a responsibility to treat them well and also to ensure things like this don't happen. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, that's true, Meg. Owning a dog is a big responsibility.

    ReplyDelete