Sunday, April 12, 2020

Rain, Weeds, and a Cranky Easter

I hope everyone had as happy of an Easter as possible.  I know it's a challenge with the pandemic restrictions.  Mine was a bit of a cranky Easter. Poor Lula was on the receiving end of my short temper.  I apologized to her over a cup of coffee and she seemed to understand.  She is so forgiving.  I even did a little beating of the bed to release some frustration.  I had tiptoed upstairs and closed the bedroom door, so that she wouldn't hear me.  She was sleeping downstairs in the den.

When I finished my short anger releasing  therapy session, guess who was laying outside the door?  Lula had crept up the stairs, but she didn't scratch on the door.  I almost never shut it.  She is so sweet, and so loyal.  I thing in mating season animals get very distracted.  Lula seems to have tunnel vision these day. She completely ignores my commands; it's like I'm not even there.  It triggers a very unattractive inner rage deep inside of me.  I don't want to become one of those yellers, but I was well on my way today.  It's sort of a whisper yell, so the neighbors don't hear.  (Like a hiss...)

I pulled two buckets full of weeds in the garden today.  They came up so easily.  We had some gorgeous low clouds and light rain.  The roses are starting to bloom and they look colorful and spectacular!  I am so glad that I put them in the ground and let them grow wild.  I used to prune them heavily in pots.  My neighbor lets his grow extremely tall, without cutting them back, and the blooms  are the size of dinner plates.  He also gives them a thick layer of mulch.  I decided to try his method, and so far it's working.  The bearded irises are almost up to my nose.  All of this lovely rain has been a Godsend.

How was your Easter?    

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

 

22 comments:

  1. Just this morning I was wondering if you were doing well, because I didn’t see your posts. (Maybe I missed them - I’ve been busy..).

    Nothing special here for Easter, I was busy making tests for my students. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, I saw on your blog how hard you have been working. I hope things get easier for you soon. All's well here. The chain on the bike is fixed; I am a new woman!

      Delete
  2. This is a strange time -be gentle with yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, emw. I never thought I'd see the day when people in public were all wearing masks. I had mine on, too.

      Delete
  3. I think it's so important to find ways to release feelings like anger and frustration as we are then better placed to see and to enjoy the blessings we do have. I like to go for long walks or go out into my garden when I feel less than positive about things. Your garden, with its roses and irises sounds so beautiful. Rain is indeed a blessing! Take care. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg,I took a long bike ride today, and I feel so much better! Cardio makes all the difference for me.

      Delete
  4. It was a quiet Easter but very pleasant really, despite everything that's going on. Your garden sounds really lovely and I wish the soul round here was as loose and easy to manage.
    Take care, stay safe and I hope the anger lifts and leaves.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, The anger did dissipate. Exercise is such a healing thing for me. Lula will feel better now that she can run alongside the bike again, too.

      Delete
  5. It has been a very strange Easter this year. No big family dinner and no visit to the garden centre. I have sowed many seeds which will be planted out once all danger of frost is passed. Please do take good care of yourself Stephenie and give Lula an extra hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting about your seeds, Cherie. My garden is bringing us so much joy. I get a lot of sweet compliments on it from the neighbors, too.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you had a cranky Easter. I think we are all on edge, these days. Sometimes yell at Dancer because he tries to bite me! Or he scratches me! He always ignores any commands I might give him, of course! Cats just don't do commands! LOL.

    Sounds like your garden is coming along, nicely. I need to get out there and do some weeding, myself!

    Hope this week will be better and Lula will listen to you a bit better. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, It's so easy to pull the weeds after the rain. I did some more this morning. Today has been fabulous. I think it's important to release negative emotional energy once in a while.

      Delete
  7. Don't be too hard on yourself. Emotions are up and down for everyone just now. Stay well. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. Feeling so much better today. Going to the bike repair shop was a thrill.

      Delete
  8. Strange times indeed. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, mm. Hopefully it's not for too much longer. Cooking delicious meals at home has been helping.

      Delete
  9. We had a nice Easter. Our weather was warmer. I hear some states had tornadoes! I think staying home will be getting harder for everyone. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Andrea. I took the bus today to the bike shop for a repair. There were far more people riding it than I expected. I didn't realize he was open for business.

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear that the pressure is getting to you too, Stephenie, I think we are all feeling the strain at the moment. It was a really weird Easter with no family visiting, and no chocolate eggs! Just a quiet Sunday lunch with simple food ( our appetites are waning as the days turn into weeks of lock down) and a bit of TV watching. Your garden must look really lovely at the moment, rain is good. Go easy on yourself, stay well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pensive Pensioner. Being a dancer, I need to have a good workout each day. Gardening and walking don't give me the same endorphins that riding the bike does. I am so relieved to be able to run Lula on it again.

      Delete
  11. I truly hope your mood lightens soon. All the rain probably did not help your attitude-I know I had a bit of the mean reds by Friday night after being stuck inside for days. Being outside with the plants and sunshine is what both you and Lula need! Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I had talked to a friend on the phone, and she was venting about politics. It's not healthy for me to listen to her. I just absorb her rage and frustration. The sunshine has been lovely, and riding the bike is the BEST medicine!

      Delete