Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Finishing and Mailing Out an Etsy Order

Yesterday I finished knitting the alpaca throw that I have been making for a customer on the East Coast. She also ordered a pair of pot holders, which I had already completed. I had to redo the last three rows of garter stitch, because I didn't have quite enough yarn to complete the blanket. It worked out fine. I blocked it in my bathtub, filling it with clean, cold water. I let the throw soak in there for twenty minutes, so that the stitches would bloom. Alpaca looks so beautiful once it's been blocked. That final step really gives hand knits a professional finish.



After spinning out the excess water in my Nina Spinner, I laid it out to dry on my bed. Alpaca dries very quickly. That's one of the things I love about it. I wrapped both items in tissue paper and taped them with colorful washi tape. I have some that's pink with little flowers on it. It's so cute.



This morning I drove over to the library and printed out the packing slip and shipping label. I included a hand written note of thanks, and headed over to the post office. It's right down the street. I'm lucky that I live just a few miles from both places. I stood in line so that I could get a tracking number. I like to see the item get put in the box. It's such a good feeling to have all of my current Etsy orders completed early and shipped. I got home and had an email from another customer, with a few requests. It looks like my next project will be a crocheted baby blanket! I love making those; they are so sweet. I have plenty of soaps cured and bagged, so that part of the order will be easy to fill. 

What are you doing today? Do any of you work from home or have an Etsy shop?

6 comments:

  1. Oooooo 😊 I love that colour of green! And alpaca is so soft. I bet it's luxurious to the touch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady Locust. I love it, too. Yes, it is super soft and warm. Webs has alpaca yarn on sale, so I just marked these down ten percent. It's normally so expensive. I'm on my way over to your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so quick. I'm sure the receiver will be more than pleased. I love the personal touches too with your note and packaging. It's things like that which make all the difference.
    I'm looking forward to the baby blanket.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kylie. That's one thing I like about Etsy, too. I like it to feel like they are opening a gift when they receive the package. I'm looking forward to the baby blanket, too! I love knitting baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That throw is beautiful. And I love the vintage look of the label you used. I'm sure your client will be so happy to receive such a well made throw in a lovely package.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nil. I just received an email from her, and she was very happy with the items. She said that it felt like Christmas. It's fun sending things in the mail...

    ReplyDelete