Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Lovely Gift In The Mail


Last week I received a lovely gift in the mail from fellow blogger Lady Locust. She sent some aromatic cedar oil that she had made. The scent is divine! It's in a pretty little jar, and she enclosed a sweet little handwritten card with it. What a treat.


I spent some time this morning out on the porch, knitting, and relaxing in the new glider. I enjoyed some freshly brewed fruit tea, and worked a few hours on the second sock that I'm making for my friend. The birds were chirping happily, and  my dog was laying at my side. The presence of  the flowers and trees was comforting and healing.


I made a batch of Nestle's Toll House Cookies this afternoon. I used to bake regularly when I was young. Now that I'm 53, I don't eat as many breads or desserts with white flour. However, I do love these cookies. I decided to make a batch and just bake a dozen at a time. I will give some to the little girls in my neighborhood. Children usually love chocolate chip cookies. Lula always enjoys visiting her family.How are you today?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much energy and talent to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. What a nice gift from Lady Locust! A very useful one too.
    I wonder if you can use cedar oil in soap....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Nil. Yes, I'm sure you can use it in soap. I put it on my pulse points. It has such an earthy scent. I love it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you like it Stephanie- I'm looking forward to using it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it. The card is so sweet, too. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. Your day sounded very nice! I love to hear the birds too! The cookies look good! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. it was, although I ate too many of the cookies. Enjoy you birds...

      Delete
  4. Stephanie I found you from The Lady Locust... You two have the sweetest most wonderful blogs... what a delight to read them all. I've been pouring tea and reading all the posts like a little novel. The Awakened Soul, I'm quite curious about your blog name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raquel, Thank you for reading and commenting. I just watched you on YouTube; I ike what you said about soul mates. The Awakened Soul jumped out at me when I was reading a book about fairies. The author wrote something about Mystics and other "awakened souls". I liked the expression.

      Delete
  5. what a glorious, fulfilling day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. That it was. It helps to keep creating.

      Delete
  6. To sit in the garden surrounded by bird song is one of life's treasures. You described it so perfectly that I could close my eyes and join you there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. They do add their beautiful songs. I may be adopting some chickens to live in the backyard soon. They are such characters!

      Delete
  7. I have just spend a lovely few minutes catching up on all your blog posts of the last week. Steve and I are home from a trip back east, visiting Western MA for some research on my family history, then down south to Charleston. It was such a fun trip. Charleston is now one of my favorite cities!! Your socks look beautiful. As do those cookies! I did pick up some very nice sock yarn in MA as a treat. Lots of garden tending to do today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita, So nice to have you back. Traveling is so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Enjoy your gardening, and I can't wait to see your new sock yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am making chocolate chip cookies for my son's afternoon teas this week. Children do love them! How lovely too to receive a note and gift in the mail, people can be so thoughtful. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really thoughtful, Meg. I'm sure your son will enjoy the homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are delicious. Happy baking...

      Delete