Monday, June 4, 2018

Flower Power


As I pulled into my driveway after the cruise last weekend, I was greeted by a riot of color in front of my cottage. I love it when the hollyhocks are in bloom. They are so tall, vibrant, and healthy. The energetic effect is spectacular.

While on the cruise, I found it healing  to gaze at the water from the balcony. The color of the ocean, the feel of the fresh air, and the outline of the mountains  were like works art. It felt wonderful to soak it all in, and to bask in the sunshine.



Now that I'm back at home, I sit out on the porch and drink in the essence of the flowers. My garden is grown organically, and the soil is teeming with life. There are scurrying lizards, a variety of birds, and several different varieties of  bees  pollinating the centers of the flowers. Everything buzzes with life force energy.



I gaze up on the hillside and observe the alpacas slowly meandering. They are calm, complacent, and grounded. Watching them eat, rest, and walk brings me comfort and peace. It is good to be home.

Thank you for your comments. They bring so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

14 comments:

  1. HI! I see you have your https set! I am like you...I love to just take in a beautiful view! I planted hollyhocks one year and they were tall like yours. They are a childhood memory of my grandma, out her kitchen window! Your flowers are beautiful. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Thank you for the information on the https. There will be some hollyhocks blooming in the backyard soon. I will see them through my kitchen window, just like your grandma. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  2. There is no place like home after a long trip! Your flowers are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Courtney. Thank you. I love flowers. They add so much cheer.

      Delete
  3. Your hollyhocks are quite spectacular. What a beautiful place you live in, sitting by your flowers watching alpacas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Yes, they are the stars of the garden. It is beautiful here, and the alpacas are magical...

      Delete
  4. Wow Stephenie, the view from your window is truly beautiful. I just love the photos of your little cottage and the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nil. I look forward to Spring each year. The flowers are so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks beautifull, hollyhocks stand so tall and proud. I forgot to sow the hollyhock seeds my mother in law gave me. She has lots in her garden and have me a sekecsele of different colours including salmon pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, Oh, lucky you! They are so easy to grow from seed. I save the seeds every year, and spread them around the property.

      Delete
  7. Your hollyhocks are so beautiful, Stephenie. Isn't it lovely to be welcomed home by a garden so colourful and full of happiness! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Meg. It was exciting to see everything in bloom. The hollyhocks are so tall. They really make a statement.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Locust. Thank you again for the lovely gift and card.

      Delete