Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Heavenly Gift of Lavender



I received a large envelope filled with lavender sachets yesterday. Anita, (who comments here regularly,) mailed me a generous amount from her garden. I have them in all of my drawers now. The mailbox was filled with the scent. It is divine and intoxicating!


I finished the picot hem on the Baby Eyelet Cardi today. The little details make such a difference. This one has kind of a scalloped look to the edging.  Tomorrow I will start working on the sleeves. I plan to do them on dpn's.


I've been planning and researching an upcoming trip. I've really got the travel bug, I think it's my age.  I enjoy thinking about and taking short jaunts around California. There are so many places that I still want to see: Yosemite, San Diego, Mammoth...

Making travel arrangements from home is so convenient now. You can arrange for your flight or train, print out your boarding pass, and reserve your hotel room online. It's like being your own travel agent. My latest journeys  have been to see friends. (and shows with people that I knew when I was performing.) It's always a treat to get together and reconnect. . Some of these relationships go back thirty years.  The memories warm my heart.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.   
   

16 comments:

  1. Very sweet of Anita! And the baby cardigan looks so pretty. I think babies look best in white! (Even cute in just a white undershirt). So true about making travel arrangements. And you probably can be sure there are no mistakes! Memories are wonderful! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense, Andrea. The white yarn shows off the knitting stitches and patterns well, too. I like the vision of a baby in a white undershirt. They look so sweet in their christening blankets. Yes, it was very kind of Anita.

      Delete
  2. Lavender is one of my favourite scents, so calming. How lovely to receive such a gift in the mail. I would have my head stuck in the mailbox inhaling deeply:D
    Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, Yes, it really filled the wooden mailbox with the essence of lavender perfume. It was quite a moment for the senses.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy you liked the lavender. Lavender is one of those fragrances that people either love or hate. The plants are so easy to grow here in southern California. I agree-trips within California are wonderful. The difference between the east and west side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains is extreme and awe inspiring. Yosemite is one of my favorite places to visit and hike. Mammoth is special to us because my family is from the Inyo Valley. Love the sweet baby sweater. I am looking forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Anita. My brother and dad love the smell of lavender, too. I will have to plant it again. I will post a photo of the sweater once it's done.

      Delete
  4. What a thoughtful gift from Anita.
    Can you use it in your soaps?

    I too love traveling. Even planing a trip is something I really enjoy. :)
    I've been to CA only once (San Diego) and I loved it. Looking forward to reading about your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nil, Yes, I could use it in the soaps. Maybe I will steep some in the olive oil. I agree. There is nothing like traveling. It really opens up the vistas of the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lavender and always make a large jar of lavender sugar. It adds a lovely taste to scones and cakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten about lavender sugar, Cherie. Thank you for reminding me. I love it in sugar cookies, too.

      Delete
  7. the baby jacket is beautiful! The lavender is such a beautiful gift, its the gift that keeps on giving,, it lasts so long, I dry lavender every summer too and its my favorite scent,, I cannot fly because of my brain injury so I will enjoy reading about your trips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. That's too bad that you can no longer fly. Train travel is also exciting and scenic.

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your time with friends, nothing is better than dear friends. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mereknits. I agree. Close friends are good for the soul. They make me feel young and happy.

      Delete
  9. Zhis baby Jacket is absolutly beautiful and the lavander gift i'ts a good idea!
    Bye and a good day! (Excuse me for my english)

    ReplyDelete