Monday, August 27, 2018

Lunch With An Old Friend At The Marmalade Cafe


This afternoon I met my friend Bob Fitch for lunch. I had been researching restaurants near where he is staying, and thought that The Marmalade Cafe sounded perfect. When I picked Bob up, I asked him where he would like to go. He suggested this very place. I was pleased with the coincidence. It's a wonderful cafe on Ventura Blvd. We sat by the window, ate heartily, and really enjoyed talking about show business. It's been twenty years since we've seen each other. The time has passed so quickly.

Bob and I both did four different tours of the Broadway hit, Sugar Babies. Mickey Rooney/Rip Taylor and Juliet Prowse were the stars. Bob has done twenty-seven Broadway shows and  is an amazing talent. I loved working with him. He was always brimming with energy and enthusiasm. At 84, he still teaches workshops for magicians all over the world.


The sweater and scarf that  I'm wearing are hand knit. I made them several years ago, and they still look like new. It's very satisfying to make clothes out of quality yarn that will last forever. I love the simple, classic, vintage designs. I got this pattern on EBay. The yarn is a combination of llama and silk. It doesn't pill. Our weather is getting cooler enough now to start wearing sweaters. They always come in handy in the air conditioning.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.   

21 comments:

  1. that is such a pretty sweater and scarf!
    catching up with old friends is always good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. I get a lot of use out of them. Yes, it sure is!

      Delete
  2. i recognise that face!
    beautiful cardigan & cowl/scarf, gorgeous colour!
    glad you had a lovely lunch & catch up.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina. I love the colors, too. Bob has also been in the movies and on television.

      Delete
  3. I love it when the person you are catching up wants to do the exact same thing you secretly had in mind!

    Your scarf is lovely and your cardigan is just beautiful. I love the colour. I admire the way your produce such beautiful items! Your skill, persistence and consistency that served you well in your dance career also serves you well in your beautiful crafting!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too, Emma. Yes, the discipline of dance is very useful in knitting and other areas of life. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see an old friend again after such a long time. Your scarf and sweater are very pretty colours too. I think it is nice when you can make ypur own garments or knit things which last a long time. Much better than throw-away fashion! Meg ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Meg. I plan to wear these for the rest of my life, if they last. It's a good feeling to enjoy them each season. I remember how long it took to knit each piece! I love the colors, as well. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. How lovely that you both wanted to go to the same placeđź’›

    Love your hand knitted creations Stephenie so beautiful and versatile.

    20 years is a long time so glad you were able to get together again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, fiona. Thanks for the compliment. They are very loved and used. The twenty years flew by so quickly. He is 84!

      Delete
  6. Time passes so quickly that it is so important to catch up with old friends. It is lovely to spend time with kindred spirits isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, Cherie. One of the things I love about living in LA is that many of my friends pass through the area. It's always worth it to get in the car and meet for coffee or a meal.

      Delete
  7. You look so elegant. I'm going to repeat what everyone else said - your scarf and cardigan are so beautiful. :)
    Glad to hear that you had a lovey time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, Nil. Thank you. It was a delicious lunch, and fun to reconnect.

      Delete
  8. Your sweater and scarf are so pretty...and they look cozy. What a nice luncheon....quite a coincidence you both were thinking of the same restaurant! What wonderful memories you re-hashed! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, Andrea. Yes, the sweater and scarf are soft and cozy. Thank you.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a wonderful afternoon. Your sweater and scarf are lovely and the colors look so good on you. Bob Fitch looks familiar to me as well. Do I spy $5 bills in his chest pocket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. I love these shades. I'm sure you've seen Bob on the screen or television. Yes, the parking was $5.00, and he put the card in his pocket. He probably had the money already preset. You've got good eyes!

      Delete
  11. Oh you had me at marmalade...what a wonderful name for a cafe...it made me happy to see you dining with your old and very friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Sue. I love the name of that cafe, too. It was a wonderful lunch.

    ReplyDelete