Thursday, October 11, 2018

A Birthday Celebration


I just returned home after celebrating our birthdays with my dad. He just turned eighty-eight, and I am now fifty-four. This photo was taken at the Fish Market. We went there for dinner, something new.  It's exciting to try new places. It was a delicious meal, and we sat at a table overlooking the water. I am very tired tonight, but will post more photos tomorrow. It was a delightful visit. Lula was a hit.

The sweater in this photo is one that I made for my mom five years ago. I wear all of her hand knits now. We were born on the same day. There were lots of coincidences during the trip. I felt like she was helping me from the other side.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you and your dad, Stephenie.
    You look so happy and radiant in that photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I had just returned form a really fun day trip to Healdsburg. It was a terrific visit with my dad.

      Delete
  2. Happy birrhday to both of you. Looks like you had a marvellous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tania. Yes, we did. I love traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthdays to you both, Stephenie. How lovely to see your Dad and to share a lovely meal together. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, Yes, it was. Thank you. I did a lot of cooking while I was there, too. The fridge is full of homemade meals.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful birthday with your Dad. I am 54 also, not a bad age! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mereknits. I'm sorry I didn't comment until now. Yes, I love being 54.

      Delete