Saturday, October 13, 2018

Mom's Beautiful Bathroom



One thing that my mother did very well was to remodel rooms to still fit the period of the house. This is the master bathroom. I love the shade of green that  she chose, and the tile and wallpaper. It still fits into the style of homes from that time.  That little room in back used to be connected with a window, and we would have to climb through it. She always thought that it would make a good nursery.


I love this tub and the decor. My mother could even make grab bars look elegant. I love the towels, the candles, and the seashells. The faucet handles are a nice touch, too.


My father always referred to this room as The Solarium. He said it would be a good place for a sick person to recover. I always found that amusing. There used to be a bed in there. The shutters let in the light nicely. I think it would make a sweet knitting or sewing room, don't you?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

17 comments:

  1. Your parents' house is beautiful.
    I too like those old fashion faucet handles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nil. The details make all of the difference.

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful example of your mum's lovely sense of style. I love the net curtain at the window. It looks like crochet doilies. The little sun room would make a cosy reading/crafting nook. I can almost feel the warmth seeping into my aching bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I love those crocheted curtains, too. That little room does get a lot of sun.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely bathroom. Your quite right, your mother had a lovely gift of home making. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephenie, I have just caught up with your last 3 posts, so firstly Belated Birthday wishes. x
    I have enjoyed seeing your Mom's home, it is simple and very tasteful I love her style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Living Simply. More photos are coming. I love her style, too.

      Delete
  5. I have been enjoying seeing the photos of your family home. Did you take them all during your birthday visit with your dad? If so, it makes my heart happy to see he is able to keep up the house in just the manner your mother wanted it to kept. I can also see where your sense of style and decorating comes from. You and your mom seem to be birds of a feather! My mom died 12 years ago this month and I miss her every day. Happy belated birthday to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I bet you miss your mom. It's a difficult loss. Thank you for the birthday wishes. My mom died three years ago. I took these photos after she died.

      Delete
  6. I think that little room would be a lovely place to sew, with the light coming in softly through the shutters. The bathroom looks a very calming room with such gentle colours and style. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful description, Meg. I love your writing. It is a very calming room, perfect for a soak in the tub.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice! Very fresh, pretty, and clean! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Well said. All of those qualities make a gorgeous bathroom.

      Delete
  9. Such a cute room. Peaceful....relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, Welcome. Yes, it is a very peaceful and relaxing room. I love the color scheme.

      Delete