Saturday, October 20, 2018

A Visit To A Yarn Shop


While visiting  the Bay Area over my birthday, I decided to take a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I continued driving north on the 101 freeway, and exited in Healdsburg. I had been there a couple of times to visit my friend who has a home on Russian River. I was enchanted with how the downtown area had changed. When we were kids, it used to be just a grocery store and a gas station. Now it is an artsy, hip, upscale area. There are all kinds of quaint shops and restaurants.

I had taken Lula with me in the car. She's an excellent traveler. We walked around the square, and stopped at a bakery. They had a beautiful outdoor patio with a heater, and they allowed dogs. I ordered some French onion soup and bread. The waiter brought Lula a  bowl of water in a stainless steel bowl, on a tray. It was so sweet. He also gave her some homemade bacon dog treats from the bakery. They were shaped in small ovals, like cookies. Lula gobbled them up, eagerly. I was so impressed that I bought a bag of them. I also picked out a small lemon tart to take home and share with my dad. 

As I was heading back to my car, I thought to myself, "I wonder where the yarn shop is?" My friend had told me that they had one, and that the ladies there sit and knit. It turns out that I had parked right in front of it when I pulled into the parking spot! I didn't notice, because I had my focus on Lula, and was busy getting her on her leash.

I stopped in and chatted with the ladies who work there. They complimented me on the vest that I was wearing. It's the sweater vest that I knit for my mom. I bought a birch shawl pin for it. They encouraged me to come back again and to bring my knitting. I'm sure I will!

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

15 comments:

  1. What an absolutely sumptuous shop! I wouldn't have been able to resist buying something there. Your day out sounds marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pensive Pensioner, Welcome. Thanks for commenting. I love your blog. Yes, it was a gorgeous day in San Francisco. Such a pretty drive...

      Delete
  2. doggy treats, awesome
    did you buy any wool from the yarn store?
    sounds like a lovely little town
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, No, I didn't buy any wool, just a birch shawl pin. I restrained myself, since I have so much yarn already.

      Delete
  3. Healdsburg is one of my favorite places! We have stayed in BandB's in town at least twice while visiting the wineries in the area. The yarn shop looks like a great find. It is always satisfying when other knitters notice and complement your work. While in DC last week a lady in the hotel club room noticed my sweater and asked if it was from a particular pattern! It was! How nice the bakery treated Lula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too, Anita. That's exciting that that woman recognized your sweater. Knitters have such a good eye for that sort of thing. We know how much time and work it takes to finish a sweater. The ladies in the shop asked me the name of the pattern for my vest. It's by Vera Sanon, and is the Hollywood Shawl Vest, I think. They looked it up on the computer while I was there; they said that they were definitely going to buy it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, it's a sweet little yarn shop. They have a comfortable couch where you can sit and knit.

      Delete
  5. The yarn shop sounds a lovely friendly place and the dog treats probably made lulus day too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, It was. Lulu really enjoyed herself and all of the attention. They even let her in to the antique shops. It's kind of like Carmel By The Sea. (very dog friendly)

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a lovely place to explore, Stephenie. I'm sure Lula would go with you happily anytime ... she'd love more of those dog treats! The yarn shops looks and sounds really welcoming too. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, It's one of my favorite day trips from my dad's house. There is so much to do and see. Lula loved their bacon flavored treats. I'm going to search for a recipe.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even knit and that shop is delightful! I caught up with you a bit to see what you'd been up to and saw the posts about your mom's house. She truly was an excellent decorator and I think we would have been fast friends. I love her home :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rue! Thanks for stopping by; my mom would have loved you. She would have been crazy about your gorgeous home, too.

      Delete