Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Healing Power of Rest


   This morning I woke up feeling like a new person.  Thank you for all of your comments and concern. Now that I am healthy again I realize that yesterday I had some nausea and probably a fever. All of that from a simple bee sting! I don't own a thermometer,  but now I think that's what it was. It also made me weak. I am normally a very strong person, physically. I had trouble unscrewing lids and even turning on a vintage light switch. It's so rare that I get sick, so I usually don't realize it at the time. I go into denial.  Once I feel better, I get a clearer view. I guess I have a sensitivity to bee stings. The first one was no problem, it was the second one that hit me hard. Body chemistry is so related to energy and health. I'm going to buy a thermometer to keep in the medicine cabinet. A good night's sleep really let my body  do its healing work. I am back to taking long walks with Lula and will do yoga tonight.


This morning I planted five artichoke plants. I still have to find space for one more, and plant the six pack of beets that I bought at the nursery. I fed the zucchini plants and the pumpkins some fresh compost. They are looking very healthy and lush. They love this weather. It doesn't stress them, like the heat does. I am training the chickens to take turns eating worms. They are so intelligent, and they really listen. I love watching them; they are so funny.


I started knitting another shawl. I'm using the remaining Scheepjes Whirl yarn from the last one that I made. Working with these shades of pink is so enjoyable. I love the La La Simple Shawl pattern, so I'm doing it again. This one will be for my little neighbor down the street.  I  think the color will be just gorgeous on her. She's so pretty.


I sauteed some fresh spinach in olive oil and garlic for lunch. I had it with leftover cauliflower cheese casserole.  Having a hot meal always makes me feel satisfied and nourished. It's still warm enough to eat outside on the porch in the afternoon. Dinner is now indoors, at the breakfast nook.  How is the weather where you live?  I hope everyone is staying healthy.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much energy and talent to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

6 comments:

  1. I am relieved that you are on the full road to recovery. Like you, I so very rarely get sick that when I do I just cannot fathom that anything is really wrong. It is only once I am better than I realize I must have been under the weather. Your gardens look great. I can just imagine you training the chickens! I am still working on my Marettimo, but I will have quite a bit of fingering weight yarn left over which I think will make a nice shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, you described it exactly. It just doesn't dawn on me. I feel like I must be imagining that I have a fever, or whatever it is. Your Marettimo looks marvelous. I was admiring the colors. I be the shawl will be lovely.

      Delete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. I took myself off to bed last week shortly after I got up and slept for the day. I felt do much better. Like you I'm trying to address my diet and adding as much greenery and fresh stuff as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, A diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables is so powerful. Good for you for sleeping when you needed healing. It really works. Often, that's all we need.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. What an awful experience for you.
    If you have time Stephenie can you pop over to my blog as I have a question about Silkies you might be able to clarify for me.
    Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Living Simply, It was pretty minor, but I really appreciate having strong energy again. I just was over at your blog. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I've never vaccinated my chickens. so far they have all been healthy. Doris looks adorable.

      Delete