Tuesday, March 5, 2019

90 Sales On Etsy

Ojai clouds and mountains


On Sunday I hit my goal of ninety sales in my Etsy shop, pinkcottagesoaps.etsy.com. It was very rewarding. Now I will shoot for a hundred. It's hard to believe that my little home based business has grown and developed so quickly.  I started it after having my hips replaced. I had always wanted a mail order business, especially after closing my dance and yoga studio.  I find it so much easier to work from home. You don't have to worry about paying business rent and all of those other expenses.  I just listed a couple of new batches of soap. The Shea Butter Goat's Milk and Coconut Dream soaps have finished curing.  I need to pick up some macadamia nut oil and coconut milk at Sprouts so that I can make more Shampoo Bars. I am sold out of them. I bought the avocado oil for that recipe at Costco yesterday. I paid for it separately, with my business debit card.  

Short rows on Stockholm Sweater


I am completing the pair of blue ribbed  hand knit socks today. Tomorrow I will  focus on the Stockholm Sweater. This is what I have so far...isn't the yarn  gorgeous?  All of the ladies in class were knitting it in different colors. The shades were just divine! I want to make one in purple. It's so lovely. I am happy with my choice of color, though. For some reason, knitting with other women seems to trigger yarn envy.  I mean it  in a positive way, though. It's more like admiration. We were oohing and aahing at each others' work.

Huge orange trees near the highway


I'm cooking a rack of lamb and  baked potatoes for dinner. I made a spinach salad earlier for lunch. I will season the lamb with fresh rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. It should be  delicious; I love lamb.  I spent a huge amount of money at Costco yesterday, but stayed in my monthly budget. I will need to buy very little for the rest of March. I like to have a full fridge and pantry. It gives me a feeling of security.

Ojai Spanish casita

  Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

11 comments:

  1. That yarn is beautiful and looks so soft. Congrats on your etsy! Just reading what you write makes your home business sound fun and rewarding. I love Costco too. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I'm sorry. I thought I had already answered this comment. Somehow I missed it. Yes, I love having my home businesses. The writing, knitting, and soapmaking are all creative and rewarding. I just got another order from a dancer friend in Vegas. It's always exciting to make a sale.

      Delete
  2. What a nice post! I'm all for orange tones these days, although purple would have been my first choice as well. Orange is just so cheery! And I consider lamb to be the Queen of Meat - as in I love it, too!

    Well done on your Etsy target! I was only yesterday toying with starting an Etsy shop to sell some vintage things. Over the years I've bought some very interesting things from people who are selling from all manner of obscure corners of the globe. It's an extraordinary way to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pipistrello, The shade of purple is GORGEOUS! I encourage you to open at Etsy shop. I just love it. I would love to see your vintage treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching your Etsy target goal! I hope you get your 100th sale very soon! I love purple! Always have! But the color of the yarn you chose is lovely, too - coral? Ah, Costco - I let my membership lapse because I didn't feel that I was saving enough money to justify the $55 membership fee. But, it was a good place to go to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thank you. I just received another soap order this morning. Yes, it's coral. I really like it. What I save on dog food at Costco makes the membership fee worth it for me. I buy SO many things there.

      Delete
  5. congratulations! that must feel so good!
    your sweater is lovely, looks so warm! gorgeous colour & yes! know what you mean about the yarn envy LOL purple sounds nice!
    Ojai is a beaut little town! looking forward to seeing more (hint, hint)
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Selina. I have more photos of Ojai. I'm glad that you are enjoying them. It is like a painting. The vibe there is so artistic and laid back...

      Delete
  6. First-the sweater is beautiful. The yarn looks amazingly soft. Congratulations on the success of your Etsy shop. I have great confidence you will hit the 100 sale mark very soon. Lamb is a favorite of mine as well. I just bought some lamb stew meat yesterday and plan to make a good old Irish stew with it just like my mom, Irish Virginia Rose, used to make. I don't shop at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Thank you. I have a lot more work to do on the sweater. Your mom had such a pretty name. That Irish stew sounds delicious. I'm able to get things for my business at an excellent price at Costco. (olive oil, pens, coffee...)Plus, it's just a few miles from my house.

      Delete
  7. I love Etsy, and I was delighted to see that you have alpaca items. Where do you get alpaca yarn? Do you have an animal of your own? (I actually know someone who does)

    ReplyDelete