Sunday, March 10, 2019

Unmolded Two More Batches of Soap

butter soap


This morning I unmolded the shampoo bars and the butter soap. I made them on Friday. I filled three soap orders last week, so I am replenishing my supply. I went to a few different stores searching for macadamia nut oil, and couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up ordering it online, from Amazon.

Yesterday I checked on my Etsy orders to see if they had arrived. They were all marked "delivered." Phew! I am always relieved when the soaps are safely at their destination. One of my friends sent me a message that said, "The soaps arrived. They smell delicious!" That made me smile. This is her first time trying them.  We danced together twenty-five years ago at MGM.

socks with a short row heel

Today I am baking a loaf of No Knead Bread. It's on the second rise right now. I had forgotten that I had it in the oven overnight. At lunch time I smelled something odd, and then remembered it was there. It's such a treat to have homemade bread. I had stopped eating baked goods for a while, because I suspected they were making my legs ache. Since adding back the bread, my body is fine. It's such a treat to enjoy a chewy slice of buttered bread with my nightly salads.

I finished the blue striped socks that I was knitting. I will send them to my friend Eileen as a Mother's Day gift. I think she'll  love them.  We wear the same size shoe.  I gave her a homemade heart soap last time she came to LA to visit. She was so appreciative.

one of my walks with Lula in Ojai

I took a bike ride with Lula and my little neighbor this morning. She's such a sweet little girl. She's always in such high spirits, and tells me all about her daily activities. How is your weekend going?   

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

14 comments:

  1. The little lamb/sheep soap is just right for spring! Your blue socks look lovely! I'm sure they are nice and warm, too, and your friend is going to love them! A bike ride with Lula and a little neighbor sounds like a very nice way to spend a Sunday morning. I attended the monthly prayer gathering, today, which was held in a friend's home. Afterwards, she served a nice lunch and we all sat around talking for a couple of hours! We didn't leave until after tea/coffee! I changed my bed sheets after I came home and now, I'm doing a load of laundry. It's cold and rainy; I'm wearing a sweater and a cardigan, both of which I knitted, and they are keeping me nice and warm! (I'm trying to delay putting on the heater for as long as I can!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thank you. That's great that you layer your hand knits to keep warm. I do the same thing. I've got to do laundry today, too. It's nice and sunny, so I can hang everything on the clothesline.

      Delete
  2. Your soap is lovely.
    I'm planning to make coconut oil soaps this week. I remember you and Chel mentioned that coconut oil soaps are harder than olive oil+ coconut oil soaps, so I thought I'd give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Yes, the coconut oil soap is the hardest one. It has a wonderful lather, too!

      Delete
  3. I love the sheep soap such a different take on soaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, I love it, too. The detail is so sweet. I ordered this mold from Milky Way Molds.

      Delete
  4. I love the little sheep. I think soap is making a huge come back now that everyone is reducing the amount of plastic they buy. I noticed a lot of different soaps on a supermarket shelf the other day so hopefully your orders will come pouring in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It's a wonderful luxury, and not that expensive. I sell mine in reusable muslin bags, and recycle the boxes and packaging from the supplies. It works out very nicely.

      Delete
  5. Your blue socks are perfect. You have some very lucky friends. I started the Batray cardigan last week. The pattern is very well written so hopefully I will have no trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. She is the type that will really appreciate the socks. She ordered ten bars of my soap for Christmas gifts! I am looking forward to seeing your sweater. I'm sure you will be fine with the pattern.

      Delete
  6. The soap is lovely, I have never made soap, one day I shall give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Living Simply, It is a very rewarding hobby. It saves me so much money on gifts. Everyone seems to love homemade soap.

      Delete
  7. Your soap is so pretty! I was just thinking how my dog is cute and brightens up my day and I see yours does also! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Yes, she really does make every day fun. I can't imagine life without a dog; they are such loyal friends.

      Delete