Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Charming Stone Cottage



Yesterday Lula and I took a stroll  through Ojai after my knitting class. I spotted some lovely cottages. This one was one of my favorites. Everywhere we looked  people were walking their dogs. They all smiled and waved.   I felt so at home. There's such a friendly vibe there. One man was riding a bicycle carrying an umbrella. There are a lot of older hippies. It makes me chuckle.


I met a woman from Saudi Arabia at the local cafe. She and her daughter were looking for a table, so I offered them mine. We had a pleasant conversation. She asked me what I did, and I told her that I used to dance professionally. "Now I write," I added.  She smiled and nodded.  "Everyone in Ojai is an artist," she told me.

You can see the creative energy everywhere. This town has so much style. The homes and shops are brimming with personality. I just love it.


Even the street signs are handmade and original. One of the ladies I was chatting with at the knitting shop told me, "This is how Malibu used to be." She owns a home there. Ojai  really does have a special charm.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.    

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous stone cottage, has so much character! also looks quite old?
    glad you are enjoying your knitting class & the jumper, short rows are good when you need them
    it's awesome that you can take Lulu along too!
    will we get to see your WiP? sounds like you have done a fair bit now
    lovely post
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Selina. Yes, the stone cottage does look old. It reminds me of another time. I adore these small homes and casitas. I'll take a photo of the mohair sweater that I'm knitting soon. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a place I'd enjoy visiting. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Nil! I'm sure you would. It's becoming my second home. I just love it up there. Look at those clouds!

      Delete
  3. Oh isn't that a special feeling when you find a place like that? I think I could just move right into that stone cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, Lady Locust. I love the artistry. John Lennon and Yoko Ono used to hang out in this town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really lovely place to live. I loved your "older hippies" quote, that's how I feel now that my life has taken direction again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DebH., Me, too. It's a very happy and creative time. Everyone up there seems to be enjoying life, on a smaller scale. I'm glad to hear that your life has taken direction again. You sound right on course.

      Delete
  6. Ojai sounds just perfect for me. The cottage is my dream cottage. Oh what fun I could have making the garden pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, We have had a long drought and terrible fires in California. I like how they used the stones to decorate. Our water rationing makes it difficult to garden, but now we are having rain rain rain! I love all of your flowers. Your climate is perfect for gardening.

      Delete
  7. What a quaint cottage. I also love the "older hippies" quote. It sounds just about right from what I know of Ojai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I would love to see the inside of this cottage. I went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, and it was delicious! The prices were very reasonable, too. I include myself in the "older hippies" generalization. Your trip to Santa Barbara is coming up soon, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. That stone cottage looks like something out of a fairy tale! Looks like a really nice city in which to live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does, doesn't it, Bless? It's a very small town, but it's not far from Ventura and Santa Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! That house reminds me of the Hobbit. You are so fortunate to be able to see such beauty. And so nice people are friendly. I have to admit, people in rural Pennsylvania are that way also....I always say they are "too nice" and I don't deserve them. lol Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Yes, it has so much style. I am very fortunate to live so close to this lovely place. I didn't realize it was there for twenty years! Now I can't wait to go back...maybe tomorrow. I think you definitely deserve them, Andrea!

      Delete