Monday, May 27, 2019

Back To Real Life and Chores

floral tiles in Capri


Now that I've recovered from jet lag, I am back into my routine at home. It took me a while to build back up my strength. My muscles felt fatigued. Now I'm riding the bike each morning, walking Lula, and doing yoga at night. I just did what I could for the first week. I vacuumed and swept each day, and kept up on the dishes and cooking. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen with homemade citrus vinegar and water. It does a thorough job of disinfecting the counter tops.

Today I mopped the floors and fed compost tea to some of my flowers. The bucket of liquid was feeling kind of heavy, so I decided to finish the rest of the garden tomorrow. As long as I'm moving in the right direction, I feel satisfied. As I get older, I space out my tasks, and just make sure to do something that needs doing each day.

This afternoon I watched an interesting documentary and then an interview with Prince. He was such a magnificent talent. I love to study artists like him. He could play so many different instruments, and was also such a talented writer. He definitely poured hours and hours of dedication into his work. I was so sad when he died. The intelligence and sensitivity in his eyes is fantastic!  There's an impishness and sharp wit there. He was one step ahead of Larry King in the interview. It made me giggle.  I was on The Larry King show with The Rockettes many years ago. I really liked him.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

12 comments:

  1. The picture of the floral tiles is stunning, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mm. I love those tiles. The design is so artistic.

      Delete
  2. I find it is very satisfying to get back into the normal routine after traveling. I agree-Prince was a great talent and he was lost too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have a new perspective when you have been away from home. You must be getting excited about your trip, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes awhile to get over jet lag, doesn't it? But it sounds like you've been keeping up with the daily jobs quite well. Just do what you can - that's my motto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Yes, it works. When I was young, I used to clean the whole house in one day. Now, I just put forth daily effort. It feels so good to be over the jet lag.

      Delete
  5. Glad you're over the jet lag and getting back into routine. What beautiful tiles. They would go wonderfully with your cottage ;-)
    Also, I just noticed in your sidebar - you worked w/ Sammy and Gregory! Swoon. Hubby had mentioned a movie Gregory was in, and I told him how sad it was when he died as he was kinda the last active dancer. I had to explain to him what I meant by the last dancer. I wish entertainment could go backwards sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Locust. i just love these tiles. Yes, I was very fortunate to work with so many of the top talents. There is so much wonderful material on Youtube. Hours and hours of enjoyment for free!

      Delete
  6. I remember Larry King having the Rockettes on, years ago! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exciting, Andrea. It was 21 years ago that I did the Christmas show.

      Delete
  7. It's good that you listen to your body, Stephanie. The west to east jet lag is brutal, followed by shipboard time, then the slightly gentler east to west jet lag in less than a week! Your internal clock definitely needs a little time to reset itself. Glad you are accommodating it. :-)

    It's amazing what we expect our bodies to do, isn't it? And think nothing of it when we are young! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it definitely felt like I was out of sync for a while, Taja. Everything is wonderful now.

    ReplyDelete