Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Using The Beach Bike Path in Santa Monica



This morning I drove down to Santa Monica to rent a bike and try out the bike path that runs along the beach. My dog Lula was eager to come with me, so I decided to let her enjoy the trip, and sleep in the car. I parked in covered parking at my favorite lot on Colorado and 2nd Street. The first ninety minutes there are free. The ocean breeze keeps the area cool and comfortable.


I walked down to The Pier, and rented a beach cruiser at Perry's Bike and Skate Rental. It was only $10.00 for one hour. I rode to the end of the path at Will Rogers Beach. It was such a freeing feeling. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous! The mountains and water made such a beautiful moving picture. I had forgotten how much I love this section of Los Angeles. Tourists come from all over the world to see it.


These photos are from the drive I took down Pacific Coast Highway on Saturday. I have decided to get my ocean fix more often; it's so relaxing and rejuvenating. Part of the reason I moved to LA was so be near the beach. I hadn't gone in twenty years!  Have you been to the sea yet this year?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

17 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun thing to do! Except, I haven't been on a bike in I don't know how long! Not since I was a teenager, I think! No, I haven't been to the beach, yet, this year. I haven't been to the beach in years! Not since my daughter was in high school and I took her to the Santa Monica Pier to meet up with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, It has really changed. They have a tram station on Colorado Street now. I would like to try taking the train there. It's a long haul, though. It's fun to walk along the beach, too. They also rent electric bikes.

      Delete
  2. Sounds idyllic. I love the beach and the sea hence living on an Island off mainland Scotland. I visit the beach most days and find it invigorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely, mm. I feel the same way. It's healing for the soul.

      Delete
  3. no ocean or sea fixes for me, sure it's lovely scenery but give me mountains any day!
    hope you get to enjoy more ocean time
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mountains, too, Selina. This area has both, and it's an exquisite combination.

      Delete
  4. My first thought when I saw your photos was amazement at the blue sky and sunshine! We haven't seen the sun in several days down this way. Then I read the photos were from the weekend-that made sense! I haven't been to the beach since last May, which is a shame. A trip to meet family in Dana Point is on the schedule for next month. I did admire the ocean from Hwy 5 near Camp Pendleton not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so beautiful by the beach and what a lovely place to ride a bike. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Jules. Next time I may walk on the beach, and get closer to the water. Nature is the best therapy.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like fun, Anita. It's been grey and cloudy here, too. The ocean was still stunning, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Akasha. It really does have a special vibration. The ocean is so expansive. It seems to go on forever.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! I agree with you about the ocean and rejuvenating etc! I grew up near the woods...I live near the woods and lakes, but nothing can compare to the beauty of the ocean! The sounds, smells, view! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, Andrea. It is magnificent! I am looking forward to visiting Santa Monica regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so beautiful.

    I didn't go to the beach at all this year. I should have gone when the weather was cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to be able to decide on the spur of the moment to go to the sea. I wish my home was closer. We love to visit but it's too far for a day, so we only get to see it when we go on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nil, It is. I love the beach when it's cooler, and it's not crowded.

    ReplyDelete