Saturday, May 25, 2019

It's Good To Be Home



Something about traveling really makes you appreciate the peace and comfort of home. After arriving back to Los Angeles  last week, I took the bus to Van Nuys train station, and jumped into a taxi to get home. It would have been cheaper to take the train, but Metrolink doesn't run at 10:00 at night. The up side was that there was no traffic; in Los Angeles we spend a great deal of time and energy planning around traffic. 

Since getting reacquainted with my cottage, I have made some changes to my routine. I've started cooking my favorite meals again. Last week I made a roast chicken, and with the leftovers prepared chicken fajitas, and chicken tacos. I took the time to mix up a couple of batches of fresh guacamole. I spent hours each day chopping the fresh vegetables and herbs, measuring ingredients, and cooking. So often I just eat fruit, salad, and easy things, like sandwiches. I've rediscovered my love of food. A trip to Italy can do that to you.


I've been working on a pair of knit booties for a new Etsy customer. I received the order the day I left for Barcelona. I sent the woman a message, saying that I would have her socks ready by the due date, but that I was in Europe. I'm using the leftover yarn that was given to me by a friend. It's so beautiful.

I've noticed that sitting out on the porch has new meaning. I enjoy basking in the sun, and sometimes I pretend I'm still floating on the ocean. Being out at sea gave me a new appreciation for the land, the animals, and my garden. I just love gazing at my flowers. We weren't allowed to have candles on the ship, so I enjoy the gentle glow of my beeswax candle, too.  I also find that I fondly look at all of the photos that I snapped in Capri. It was such a magical place!


Most of all, I am happy to be back snuggling with my darling Lula! She spent a lot of time expressing her affection for me when we got home. It was so sweet. I guess she missed me, too.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.
     

22 comments:

  1. Welcome home Stephanie! Your photos were lovely and sounds like you had fun. It is nice to be home though and those Lula hugs are probably pretty comforting 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, Thank you. Yes, they are. She went through a whole ritual. It was so cute!

      Delete
  2. Home is the best place of all, isn't it? I'm sure Lula missed you while you were gone. I'm glad that you are cooking yourself some nice meals. The booties are cute! I like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It really makes a difference to cook such delicious recipes. I've got some bread on the rise in the oven now. Homemade bread is such a treat.

      Delete
  3. Home, Sweet Home! And so dear of Lula! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Andrea. I feel so grateful for both of them.

      Delete
  4. You have a welcoming home, to come back to!! I love the effect of the first picture. A cozy nest, looking out at growing beauty. :-)

    Good to prepare meals. Real meals. Our bodies need various foods, to thrive. It is way too easy, to just pick up what is easy-handy. So glad your trip, awakened your need for real food.

    Oh I'm sure you are being loved-loved-loved by your sweet Lula.

    Gentle hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks wisps. Yes, salads take effort, but I had just lost my motivation to cook, and I really love cooking and baking. Lula is so sweet and affectionate.

      Delete
  5. Welcome home! Travel is lovely, but home is our hearts, isn't it? And having Lula in your life makes your home even more wonderful. :-)

    Your trip sounds terrific! Sometimes we just need a change from daily life, and your cruise struck the right note for you. Glad the airline issues were sorted with no fuss and more enjoyment for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taja, Me, too. I was glad that I had travel insurance, just in case. I adore both travel and coming home. It always makes me see my environment with fresh eyes.

      Delete
  6. I love the photo of you and Lula. It’s so sweet and you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. She gave me numerous cuddles, as if to make up for list time.

      Delete
  7. Home sweet home, the best place to be. Glad you are enjoying cooking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love being home, too, mm. Home cooking is worth the time and effort.

      Delete
  8. It's a lovely feeling to return after a trip away, and it looks like someone is very pleased to have you home again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Jules. We had a very affectionate reunion.

      Delete
  9. I'm sure Lula missed you, she is a beauty. Your trip sounded so amazing, what an incredible adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming home is always so special. I love that photo of you and Lula. She looks like she will never let you leave her side again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how she was acting, Anita. She wanted so many extra kisses and hugs. It was really cute.

      Delete
  11. Isn't she, Mereknits? I think so, too. Thanks. It was a dream cruise...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh this is a lovely post. I needed cheering up and you have certainly done that. I have loved reading about your trip these past few days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Cherie. I have been thinking about you so much! I am glad that you felt cheered up by the blog. Sending you lots of light and comfort.xo

      Delete