Saturday, May 4, 2019

Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica



Today was an extraordinary day. I drove down PCH to the beach with Lula. We took a gorgeous walks in the hills off of Entrada Street.


I parked the car in front of Patrick's Roadhouse. I used to frequent this place for lunch when I was a teenager. It's very well known by the locals, and is right by the beach.


I found a hidden stairway that led us down to a cold cement tunnel that opened up to the shore. You walk under Pacific Coast Highway. I led Lula to the other side, and we gazed at the sand and sparkling water. Next time I'll come prepared with a towel and swimsuit. 


On the way to the movie theater, I drove by this  lovely house. It's  where I used to rent a room as a ballet student. It belonged to Rosemary Valaire, of The Royal Ballet. It still looks charming and gorgeous.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.    

8 comments:

  1. That stretch of beach looks nice! Not too crowded. I keep saying I want to go to the beach, but haven't gone in awhile. Hope you enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, The beach was enticing. We will have to return. The movie was incredible!

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the film!

    Will look at the clip, in your last post, later today.

    Mmmmm, where did you put Lula, during the film? I doubt you can bring pets, into the building....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa Monica is a lovely beach city. I consulted with a biopharma company which was located on Colorado Blvd, right next door to the DMV. They put me up in a Best Western on Santa Monica Blvd about a 1 mile walk to the beach. While the job was awful, I loved walking to and from the facility and walking to the beach each evening. I also strolled the neighborhoods and admired the lovely homes. How was the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I used to teach dance in that area. I love those homes, too. The film was exceptional I am still excited about it.

      Delete
  4. Hi wisps, I was tingling for hours after seeing that film. The theater has underground covered parking. Lula had a morning bike ride and walk above the beach, so she slept peacefully in the backseat. She drank a lot of water from her travel bottle. The ocean breezes there are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty...you had a good trip! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was fabulous, Andrea. I love being able to drive to such gorgeous places in under an hour. There is so much to see close to home.

    ReplyDelete