Thursday, May 2, 2019

Sunshine, Gardening, and Red Henna



I took a few photos of the garden for you. It's fun to see the flowers and fruit trees in bloom. The weather has been warm and pleasant. Lula and I enjoy our bike ride and long walk each day. It's healthy to be outside, chatting with neighbors, and getting daily exercise. She really looks forward to going.  I think a regular workout routine really helps with having a positive attitude.


I've been laying out in the sun to get a base tan. I do it at a time when the sun is less intense. It feels so healing to soak in the rays of sunshine. I  unfold my towel on the ground, and absorb the magnetic forces of nature. It's energizing to connect with the land.  Lula relaxes next to me.  We love to get grounded into the earth.


I spread red henna through my hair this afternoon. At first it looks a bit orange,  but I have gotten several compliments. I definitely prefer it to the grey that's creeping into my roots. I love how the henna deep conditions the hair, too. I leave it on for four hours. It's a relief to have it done for the month. Ah, the maintenance of being a woman... It's kind of fun being a redhead,  though. (even though I'm not a natural redhead.)

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see the garden in flower, isn't it? I keep telling myself I need to spend more time out in my garden. I'm sure you look gorgeous as a redhead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's fun to change. The flowers are very feminine and cheerful.

      Delete
  2. i love red hair & used to have it often when i was young, (was a natural plain brunette) now my hair is more like salt & pepper lol
    your flowers are very pretty
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, I love red hair, too. Yours sounds pretty. I have green eyes and freckles, so it seems to work with my complexion.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes-the upkeep required! I have been totally gray haired for almost 40 years. In my mid and late twenties I tried to just have it weaved in with blond (remember those old plastic caps with the hair holes?), but it was just too much work and I became too blonde! Red turns pink on my gray hair, so now I am a slave to a hairdresser who dyes it all a luscious brunette. Enjoy the healing sun! By the way-your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, I know what you mean about the red turning pink on grey hair. Your hair color is gorgeous, though. I remember noticing it when I met you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After several weeks, finally I spent a couple of hours working in the garden. It makes me feel so alive and peaceful to be with plants.

    I'm sure you look gorgeous with red hair.
    So far my plan is to not color my hair when it turns grey. I'm not sure how I'd feel when it actually happens though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, You can decide what's right for you when you get there. I'm glad you are enjoying your gardening.

      Delete