Thursday, May 16, 2019

Solo Cruise From Barcelona To Rome


Last May I  booked a three night cruise on the Norwegian Epic.  I got an excellent deal through my friend Richard. We were dance captains in Berlin on Anything Goes together. He is now the Vice President of Entertainment at NCL  I found  a low cost round trip airfare, as well.

On Friday I packed a few outfits in my backpack, and placed my toiletries and electronics in my carry on bag. I walked to the bus stop around the corner from my home.   After a short ride,  I got off at the Metrolink station, and walked up to the train platform.  I bought a ticket at the kiosk,  and took the following commuter train to Union Station. From there  I boarded the Flyaway bus to LAX.



Once inside, I checked the board and saw that my flight with Norwegian was on time. I had arrived at the airport very early, just to be on the safe side. I killed some time by having  dinner at Planet Hollywood,  enjoying a bacon cheeseburger and engaging in some interesting people watching.


The flight was full, and it was an all-nighter. After over twelve hours, we arrived in Barcelona. I changed over some money at the conversion booth and  took a taxi to Hotel Market.


Once  I had unpacked and showered, my friend Gayle came and met me and we walked around  the market. We sat in the hotel bar and chatted. It was so much fun to finally meet her, and to have a friend in Barcelona. Hotel Market is a boutique hotel. It used to be an old house. It's very charming. I loved the dark wood and the old, heavy doors.


The next morning, after enjoying a delicious  breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, I took a taxi to the port. After getting through the line and checking in,  I settled into my room and unpacked. I had a lovely balcony cabin. The views were spectacular!  

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

18 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! A European holiday! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful getaway! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip and seeing more pictures! Hope you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was, Bless. I have lots more pictures to post. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been.

      Delete
  3. I was looking forward to reading about your trip. Thanks for sharing, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Nil. I look forward to reading about your trip, as well.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that you have a friend that can help get reduced travel. Looking forward to hearing more about the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mm, Yes, it makes all the difference. Finding a cheap flight and an affordable hotel really helps, too.

      Delete
  5. Oh that hotel must have been heavenly. A boutique hotel in an old house, must be the nicest. :-) Even for just a night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was, wisps of words. I will stay in that type of hotel for one night, just for the experience. It was very reasonably priced.

      Delete
  6. I am also looking forward to reading about your cruise. May is such a wonderful time of year to be in the Med. We did a cruise of that area in April several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was, Anita. The weather was perfect for wearing hand knits. I love the Mediterranean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited you are able to take this amazing trip Stephanie! Can't wait to hear all the adventures you'll have!! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chy, Thank you. It really was. I find traveling to be such a thrill.

      Delete
  9. Oooh! Nice!

    Glad you were able to rebook your airfare after your original carrier folded. Looking forward to the next installment of your adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taja, I didn't have to rebook after all, Norwegian is still flying. It was a perfect flight. The plane was new, and the service was excellent.

      Delete
  10. Sounds lovely. Someday, I hope to go on a cruise to many pacific islands. Your Etsy shop is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akasha. I am working on an Etsy order right now, a pair of socks. I think you will love cruising. The islands are especially beautiful.

      Delete