Friday, June 7, 2019

A Free Trial With Amazon Prime

Capri bench where I sat for a rest


Yesterday I was researching how to watch Sergei Polunin's biography film, Dancer. I learned that I could sign up for a free 30 day trial with Amazon Prime. I clicked a few buttons, updated my debit card number in their file, and I was in business!

It was a thrilling film. I was so taken by the scenery, Sergei's dancing, family, teachers, and friends. It really brought back memories for me. I just loved the ballet studio when I was still dancing. The years are fleeting. He is an absolutely phenomenal dancer. I think I will watch it again tonight.

I also just purchased season one  of Fosse/Verdon for $20.00. You can watch it on Amazon Prime. It's magnificent! I worked with the musical director, Larry Blank, and many of the original Fosse dancers. It's so exciting to be so entertained.

Since I don't have cable, this may be something that I want to keep. I've got to get reacquainted with what's available. I love documentaries and foreign films. What types of movies do you enjoy?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry but comments with links or advice will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here feel free to share them.      

10 comments:

  1. I don’t watch movies a lot. I want to watch ‘On the basis of sex’, and I placed a hold on the library copy a while back. There’s a long waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, I haven't watched movies for years, but am getting very interested in them again. Getting them at the library is a good idea.

      Delete
  2. I don't watch a lot of movies, either. When I do watch a movie, I like musicals, although, I think the last movie I watched in a movie theater was the last Harry Potter movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Harry Potter! I've been wanting to read those books. Thanks for the reminder, Bless.

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm sure you will enjoy your time with Prime! We used to have both Prime and Netflix. I got so tired of the ....{crap}, with which Netflix was overrun. We got rid of it, but kept Prime.

    I love many of the old BBC shows. Gentle mysteries like Miss Marple and etc. :-) Old films. Many of Prime's offerings. Actually, my choices change. ,-) I was watching dark, European crime shows for a while. O-D'ed on them though. So, my choices change.

    Ahhh, Bob Fosse and Gwen Vernon! I remember them, from lovely old musicals... Never saw them, otherwise. Did not know it is on Prime. I've been reading so much of late, that I forgot about Prime. Thank you for reminding me.

    Gentle hugs...
    ✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it, wisps. I just finished the whole series today. It became very sad and dark. I loved the music. I worked with the musical director on the National Tour of My One and Only.

      Delete
  4. You need to watch The Marvelous Mrs Maziel, it is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have either Netflix or Amazon Prime. I guess I can say I don't know what I am missing! We have only had an internet capable TV for 2 years. We do have cable though because it is bundled with our home phone and internet. We also live where there are so many hills and valleys that there is no reception with an antenna. We have probably 100 old movies on DVD and laser disc that we have collected throughout the years. Mostly we watch those or (this time of the year!) baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like fun, Anita. I'm really enjoying Amazon Prime but will probably cut it after the free trial and put that money in the bank.

    ReplyDelete