Saturday, June 29, 2019

Admiring Some Santa Monica Homes



Here are a few more photos I took while spending the day in Santa Monica. This one is a gorgeous Spanish style house near Ocean Way. The ivy and the landscaping envelop it so beautifully.   It has a stunning view of the ocean.  I love the tiles and archways.



This blue one is now an inn. It's just a short walk from the beach.   I love the location.  There are some quaint shops and restaurants nearby.


It would be fun to live in this little house. It just sold. A group of young girls were selling lemonade outside of it. I stopped and chatted with them on my way back to the car. I remember squeezing fresh lemons to use at a lemonade stand with my friend when I was their age. Now they just open a bottle of Newman's Own; they had it on ice in a cooler.  I was their first customer.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

10 comments:

  1. I love to visit places by the sea too. I often think what it would be like to live in a house right by the ocean, to go to sleep each night with the sound of close-by waves. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine that, too, Meg. We used to hear crickets at night when we spent weekends at the ranch. I love listening to the waves crash when I lay on the beach.

      Delete
  2. My poor aching bones long to lie by the ocean just lately. I have a notion that it would be very healing both physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful homes with interesting features. Like you, I can spend hours just wandering older neighborhoods. Have you ever been to Santa Cruz? There are wonderful homes near the water up there as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I just love them. Yes, my family went to Santa Cruz when I was a young girl. We stayed in a home on the beach, and I absolutely loved it! I remember riding The Big Dipper roller coaster. Thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure those girls were happy to have you buy their lemonade! It does look like a cute house! I like the window boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bless, Yes, they were. They were really cute. Lula was with me. The house just sold. Those window boxes are sweet, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful homes, made me smile reading about the lemonade sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi mm, Yes, these homes are really something, The little girls were very sweet and enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete