Thursday, June 27, 2019

More Santa Monica Beach Photos

The charming Georgian Hotel on Ocean Avenue


Today I went back to the beach for a couple of hours. The weather was sunny and delightful. These photos are from Sunday. I found a perfect parking spot in my favorite neighborhood, and eased my red Beetle in front of a charming beach house. After locking the car, I walked half a block, headed down the colorful stairs, and continued through the pedestrian tunnel under Pacific Coast Highway.

beach houses and palm trees

There were a couple of Breeze bikes parked the nearest bike rack, so I punched in my account number and pin to unlock one. I had read that if you return a Breeze bike to one of their hubs, they will credit you two dollars. I decided to return both of them: one before  I went into the water, and one on the way home.

safe bike path away from cars

I took a gorgeous ride towards Malibu on the bike path. They're weren't too many people, so it was very relaxing. Everyone seems to love walking and bicycling on that path.  I saw a couple of skate boarders, too. I stopped and watched the surfers for a while. My older brother used to surf every day when he was alive. The weather here is perfect. After enjoying the water, and taking a walk along the beach, I packed up my bag and headed back to the Breeze bike. It felt good to put the bicycles back into  a locked position where they are supposed to be. I love that bike share.  It's working out so well.

I beat the traffic home, which was thrilling.   The 405 freeway is fabulous if you drive on it at the right time. I made a pizza using homemade sauce and pizza dough that I had already prepared and put in the fridge. Next I plan to do Pilates. Once I  finish the rest of my chores, I'll walk Lula.  How is your exercise routine going? 

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

  

12 comments:

  1. Another perfect day on the beach! Oh, yes, the 405 freeway! I drove on it, every day, when my daughter was at UCLA - I would drive her to campus in the morning, then, take Wilshire Blvd. all the way to downtown to go to work! In the evening, I'd drive to campus to pick her up and we'd drive home. Occasionally, we'd skip the freeway and drive on Sepulveda Blvd. all the way. Didn't make that much of a difference in our commute time, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Sepulveda, Bless. It is pretty, though. I took it to Sunset last week.

      Delete
  2. My exercise has slowed down a little but I am doing plenty in the garden so I am not too worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. mm. Being out in the fresh air with the plants is so healthy.

      Delete
  3. Another nice day at the beach!

    My exercise routine? What’s that? LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Yes, it was gorgeous. I remember you were doing yoga for a while.

      Delete
  4. I simply cannot have enough of your beach photos. Don't we live in a wonderful part of the globe? My sons are big surfers, especially my youngest. Luckily the Army has stationed him in Hawaii so he can surf just about every day. The older one-not so lucky-no surf in Colorado. Yes-a fast drive on the 405 requires a knowledge of LA and Orange County traffic patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, We sure do. I love this old hotel. I want to go there for lunch. They allow dogs! How fun for your son to surf in Hawaii. The mountains in Colorado are gorgeous...

      Delete
  5. What a delightful excursion!
    Glad you're making the most of the great weather and all the amenities there are.
    How long is the drive by car vs on the Express bus?
    After the exercise and sun it must be wonderful to be driven home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill, It depends on the time. I can get there in a half hour if I go when there is no traffic. The bus allows an hour. It goes quickly. It is really enjoyable, either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that’s beautiful. Galveston is like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akasha, Thanks. Yes, it is. I have been to Galveston. It was many years ago. I visited a friend on a boat.

      Delete