Sunday, May 27, 2018

Home From The Cruise!


I returned this morning from the Norwegian Bliss Inaugural. It was a fantastic experience, with incredibly talented people.  What an spectacular ship! My friend is the vice president of entertainment, so I received the VIP treatment. It was so much fun! We were completely spoiled with free meals, drinks, and gorgeous cabins.

I left my home at 10:00 a.m. in the morning on Friday. I drove quickly to San Pedro; there was very little traffic. As I pulled into the parking lot, I could see the ship. "There she is," I thought to myself. I was amazed at her size. 4000 people can fit on board. I showed the agent my passport, followed the crowd of travel agents who were also on free cruises up the ramp, and checked in at the desk.



After unpacking and admiring the view, I walked around and explored the ship. It is brand new, and is absolutely beautiful. My room was way beyond what I had imagined. It was stateline cabin (which sleeps four,) with a balcony. It had a large double bed, and all of the amenities. I made coffee in the morning, and sat outside, watching the sunrise. The skies were a brilliant blue, and the sun shimmered down on us. It was California weather at its best.


I got to see Jersey Boys the first night. I felt like I was living a dream, because I was seated between the director, Richard Hester, and the choreographer, Danny Austin. It was a thrilling experience. This company is fantastic! (Well they all are.) I have seen four different men play the Frankie Valli  role, and Grant Almirall is such a star. He did the South African company.  I cried four times during the show.  It was so emotional and energizing. I was buzzing with energy when I got back to my room. Jersey Boys is my absolute favorite show. It's such a brilliant work of art. I never get tired of seeing it.      

Thank you for your comments. They add so much energy and talent to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I'm glad you had such an amazing cruise! Now you have wonderful memories. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Yes, it was an experience that I will treasure.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had fun. That drinking coffee on the deck in the morning sounds pretty rough😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was magical, Lady Locust. There's something so relaxing about being on the water. It's like you are in a different dimension.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Was it to a special destination?
    I've never been on a cruise , but I remember the first time I saw one up close I was amazed at its size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Yes, I was amazed at the size of this ship, too. My father thinks it looks top heavy. It was such smooth sailing. The water was like glass. We didn't go to port, just sailed around this area. I think we may have gone to Catalina and through Mexican waters. I'm not sure.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful experience for you, Stephenie. A lovely way to spend a weekend on the sea and watching spectacular shows. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, The entertainment was fantastic. I got to see a show the second night called Havana. The dancers were fabulous. I also really enjoyed the lounge entertainers. They played many of our favorite songs.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous treat you lucky thing. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your cruise. I always feel so uplifted when I read your blog posts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. That makes me happy. It was very generous of my friend Richard Ambrose. A weekend of luxury!

      Delete
  6. What a fun mini vacation!
    Glad you had an elegant and exciting respite before the heat sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you had a great time!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thsnk you Selina. It exceeded my expectations. Traveling is good for the soul. It opens up our consciousness.

      Delete
  8. The cruise sounds amazing. I have only seen the movie Jersey Boys and someday hope to see it on the stage. Hopefully-more blog entries about it???!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, You got it! I could write forever about Jersey Boys. The show is pure genius. I hope you can catch the tour, or take the cruise and see it. It's so worth it. I will blog about my auditions for them, and all that I learned.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Jill. Yes, the weather was perfect. I wore several of my hand knit shawls! A heavenly knitting environment...

    ReplyDelete