Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Sea Legs


One thing I found therapeutic about being on the ship was that it was so relaxing. You don't have to cook, clean, grocery shop, or do laundry. The views are exhilarating. This is a photo of the port. The water was like glass.  All of these were taken  by Richard Hester, the director of Jersey Boys. He has such a good eye.

The second day of the cruise I decided to take a jacuzzi. I had bought a new swimsuit  for the trip. Wearing a bikini when you are fifty-three is kind of a stretch, but I figured, why not? I'd be underwater most of the time. My stomach was a glow in the dark shade of white, so I laid out for forty minutes a day the week before the cruise.  I got a nice base tan, hoping to avoid skin cancer. Everything has a risk. Being in the sun feels so healing, but I'm always worried that I'm getting more wrinkles.


I walked up to the jacuzzi and slid into the water. It felt so clean, and the view was gorgeous! I relaxed and sank more deeply into the bubbles. I looked down and realized that my room key/card, was no longer in the pouch that I was wearing around my neck.  "Oh, no," I thought. I'm going to have to go down to the front desk, soaking wet, in a bikini, and get a new one. I  waited for the bubbles to stop. I found my card at the bottom of the jacuzzi. Feeling very relieved, I carefully placed it back into the pouch, and set it on the deck. There is so much to remember on a cruise ship. It takes coordination. I felt like I was all thumbs.


I walked to the public restroom near the pool and tried to figure out how to use my card to open the door. It wasn't working.  I got confused again. I kept tapping my card on the lock, but nothing clicked.  I was getting self conscious.  It turns out you just open the door normally.  You don't need to use your key for the outside restrooms. The inside was immaculate and impressive. I felt like I was in a theater.

I walked around the track a few times. It was a perfect, sunny day. It was so much fun to sit and people watch. I recognized a couple of the dancers because they have such gorgeous legs. They were lounging by the pool. Those beautifully trained bodies definitely stand out in a crowd.

I went back to my room and turned the wrong way in the hallway for about the seventeenth time. There are directions posted, but for some reason I kept making an incorrect turn somewhere and walking for ages, searching for my room number. Oh well, it was good exercise. I finally figured it out and went back to my cabin.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was. I'm dying to go back, Lady Locust.

      Delete
    2. It's so funny about that key card...[well after the fact, I'm sure!] It would be a great idea if they handed out instructions with the key card for first time cruisers, though.
      I would be a total loss as well, Don't feel bad about the outside rest room... I have a smart-key for my car and after one very long day I was getting very frustrated as it was just not working. I realized I was trying to open my front door with it!!!
      I did laugh a lot at myself, but much later!

      Delete
  2. That makes me feel better. Thanks Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I love reading about your cruise experience. A vicarious pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It was so enjoyable. Everything was first class. I'd forgotten how much I love traveling.

      Delete
  4. What an adventure! I agree about the sun and its healing ability. I spend as much time as I can outside every day. Did you bring any knitting along? On our last cruise I brought a lace scarf I was making from my daughter-in-law and enjoyed knitting on the pool deck on sea days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Sunshine brings energy on so many different levels. I sure did, a pair of simple socks. I'm making them for a friend who crochets. Your scarf sound pretty. I knit on the deck, too.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! Wonderful to be free of those daily routine tasks for a little while and just enjoy the cruise. Sunshine every day is so important, so many people have Vitamin D deficiency these days and time out under warm skies helps to correct that. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they something, Meg? Richard and Danny (the director and choreographer of Jersey Boys) let me use them. I know what you mean about the vitamin D. I feel so much happier when in the sun. It gives you an inner warmth, too.

      Delete