Thursday, May 17, 2018

Lula's Family Visit


Today Lula's family stopped by to visit. They had to give her up when they moved. We are neighbors. We went for a short walk together, and then came home and sat on the porch. I have a tiny wooden porch swing that the girls used for their dolls. It was so sweet to watch them carefully pushing it.


They got to try out the new glider chairs, as well. Patio furniture is especially fun when you're a child. Their mom  brought a blanket with them for their brother that was knit by a local knitting teacher. She taught me the design, and I sell them in my Etsy shop. Hand knits look so sweet on babies. His mom likes it because it has boy colors. It's so old fashioned and soft. I love the windowpane design. It's by Debbie Bosstick.


At first it was hard for the girls and Lula to see each other. There were tears and confusion. I wasn't sure if we would be able to continue the visits, but everyone has adjusted. Lula will always love her family, but she is also very happy here with me. She seems to understand that this is her new home. We took a fabulous hike this morning at Vasquez Rocks. The horse trail wound up and around the mountain, and the sunshine was glorious.  How was your day?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and enthusiasm to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear everyone's figured it out so visits can continue 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, Lady Locust. They are so sweet. We are fortunate to have them as neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet family. I bet Lula needed a nap after their visit and a long walk. We are having wonderful weather down our way-fog and low clouds are burning off by late morning and the temperature is staying mild. Perfect hiking weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, The weather here has been perfect for hiking, too. I hope you're getting out on the trails!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful family. I love the blanket too! What a nice visit! Sweet. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andrea. They are wonderful. I love watching them take care of their dolls. It brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your little neighbors enjoyed visiting you and Lula very much. They look adorable. I remember carrying my dolls everywhere I went when I was that age. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet, Nil. Their mom said that they love rocking the dolls in their cradles. You're right; they are adorable.

      Delete