Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Spring Cottage Garden and Grey Alpaca Hat


This is the prettiest time of year in our area. I love riding my bike around, and looking at all of the colorful flowers in bloom. The roses are especially beautiful right now. I haven't had much luck with growing roses organically, but I have several neighbors with absolutely gorgeous rose gardens.


I finished the grey hat last week. I was so pleased with the result.  This one is done on US size eleven needles. It fits perfectly! Stephanie Pearl- McPhee was right when she said to go up one size for a large head. No need to alter the pattern. The yarn is chunky alpaca from Creative Ewe. It's their own line.


It's amazing all that you can do online these days. When we used to travel, we would get our boarding passes on the day of departure,  at the gate. Now you can check in at home and print out your boarding pass way ahead of time. It's so convenient. I have been doing a lot of searches online on cruises and train trips. I would love to travel by train through Canada someday. The landscape looks exquisite.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and enthusiasm to the blog. Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.     

12 comments:

  1. Your cottage is beautiful. I love all the flowers and trees in your garden. And the mail box is so cute. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. A garden makes all the difference. My friend's father made the mailbox.

      Delete
  2. Your yard is beautiful and the plants and flowers so lush! Your hat is pretty. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. These temperatures are ideal for the plants. They love the compost tea, too.

      Delete
  3. Your cottage looks so idyllic ( think I've said that before, but it looks like something from a storybook - beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lady Locust. I love the storybook cottages in Carmel. They are tiny, with spectacular gardens.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing you the joy and beauty in your life - and for sharing your personal story. It is so important that we inspire, encourage and learn life skills from one another. This is a beautiful platform for doing so and I appreciate your willingness to do it. I'm new here and looking forward to reaching so many of these posts on your creative endeavors especially. And plan to share them with my dear friend in Florida who has many physical challenges but such a creative spirit. I know your blog will fascinate and inspire her as well. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello larbeth, Thank you for your heartfelt comment, and welcome! I appreciate you reading and sharing the blog. I believe that we can always be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Stephenie.. your garden is an oasis for the soul!! Enjoy it every day!

    I really like that hat, but I might have to add an extra pattern to accommodate my springy hair. It will be perfect for hiking with Lula in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, Yes it will! The garden is very healing and tranquil. We spend a lot of time out there. Hope to see a photo of your hat.

      Delete
  7. Yes, while it is easier to obtain your travel documents, the process of entering the airport and actually flying has become frustrating. But vacations are always worth any inconvenience. I love the cable hat. It looks terrific on you! Your house is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anita. I love train travel. It's so relaxing and simple. I think the cruise will be easier than flying, too. Like you, I love vacations.

    ReplyDelete