Wednesday, December 11, 2019

A Holiday Lunch in Las Vegas



Yesterday I drove to Las Vegas for lunch.  I met with some of the dancers that I worked with in "Hello Hollywood, Hello!" at the MGM Grand Hotel, in Reno.   It was so much fun to see them.  We have so many happy memories  together. 

Lula came with me.  We left Wrightwood at 9:00 a.m. and arrived early for a 1:00 p.m. lunch.  The food at Brio was exceptional.  I had been planning my order all morning.  I had a side salad and lasagna.  I ate half of the lasagna, and brought the rest to reheat at home for dinner.  The food was excellent.  I love Italian cuisine;  the homemade bread was especially tasty.

We all laughed and told show business stories.  It was such a joy to see everyone.  I was especially happy to reconnect with our company manager, Jillian.  She hired me when I was nineteen.  I will always be grateful for that opportunity and for the wonderful people that I met in Reno.  They are my tribe. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

10 comments:

  1. I love reading about your little trips away Stephenie. It's the perfect antidote to winter chills and Brexit blues. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. The short trips are so much fun. Lula loved it. She looked at me the next day like, "Are we going to go back to Las Vegas today?" She is happy as a clam laying in the back seat, and stopping at the rest areas. It's so funny.

      Delete
  2. I did not realize that Las Vegas was that close to Wrightwood. It sounds like a wonderful reunion. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Anita, It is! When they get the new high speed rail finished, it will just be a 90 minute ride from Victorville. I take some back roads that cut off time. The I18 really helps. It's just two lanes. Sheep Creek Rd. takes me right up to the 138.

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you were able to meet your friends and have lunch together! Your lunch sounds wonderful! I love lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you were all enjoying the company:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were, Lady Locust. We go back so many years. I worked there in 1984.

      Delete