Sunday, December 22, 2019

An Old Hollywood Style Christmas Party



Last night I attended a fabulous party in Los Angeles.  Things are a bit busy right now, but I will at least post the photos...


Here I am with the hostess.  Jennifer hired me when I first moved to LA to work with she and Ben Vereen.  She danced with New York City Ballet, and was featured in the movie All That Jazz. 


Buddy brought his trumpet, and we sang Christmas carols.  He is so talented!  He was in ABT, and danced in A Chorus Line on Broadway.


These two ladies were in Lerner and Loew's Hollywood classic  film My Fair Lady together.  It starred Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn, and was directed by George Cukor.  It won eight Academy Awards and three Golden Globe Awards.  The costumes were designed by Cecil Beaton.  Fred Astaire's choreographer, Hermes Pan did the choreography.  There was so much talent buzzing through the house.


Good night, Jennifer.  I love the detail of the old windows and the front door.  These homes have such charm and character.

Thank  you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fabulous party. The room looks so cozy and beautifully decorated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, It really was. Jennifer is such an artist! I am still on a high from the party...

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful evening with old friends. It all sounds so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast, Cherie. I met so many new friends, too. She invited wonderful people. It was fantastic.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful evening with your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bless. It was divine. Her home is spectacular!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful evening you have had, sounds like an amazing party x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, sustainablemum. I have a happy heart from all of the connections.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely way to spend an evening, with wonderful company in a gorgeous home. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly right, Meg. You described it perfectly. Happy Holidays.

      Delete
  6. So this is how talented performers celebrate! What a beautiful party. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the best party I've ever attended, Andrea. The food, company, and atmosphere were incredible! No LA traffic on the way home, either.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful home so perfectly decorated for the holidays. I love seeing inside those old Hollywood homes. Your friends are so glamorous. I will have to watch All That Jazz again to see if I can spot your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing inside them, too, Anita. I went early to help oil the beautiful furniture. The women in All That Jazz were phenomenal. I'll see if I can post a clip here.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It was SO fun, Akasha. I am still on a high from spending time with everyone.

      Delete