Tuesday, December 31, 2019

More MGM Costumes Designed by Bill Campbell

Top Hat
 
I found these old photos from my dancing days at the MGM Grand Hotel, in Reno, Nevada.  The costumes really were spectacular.  The wardrobe ladies took impeccable care of them.  What happy times those were.

Dancing in the Dark



This was my first big show.  I was nineteen years old.  It was called "Hello Hollywood, Hello!"  Donn Arden was the director and choreographer.  It was quite a spectacular.  We danced on the largest stage in the world.  Carol Channing was the star.  We had other headliners come into the show.  Suzanne Somers, Charo, and the Mc Guire Sisters all brought their acts.  It was so exciting to work with them.  I was thrilled.

Bill Campbell designed these costumes.  I just love the detail.  I am still friends with the dancers that I met at this theater.  We get together for reunions.  They are part of my show business family.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

16 comments:

  1. Great memories for you to enjoy. You look beautiful and happy. Good Health and much happiness in 2020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frugal in Essex. Wishing you the best for 2020, too.

      Delete
  2. You look stunning! I especially like the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nil. I like that one better, too. I was more relaxed. The first one I was very nervous before going on for the first time in that number.

      Delete
  3. You haven't changed a jot! Happy New Year, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Pipistrello. Those were the days. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. You look so young and happy. It must have been very hard work though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful figure had and still have Stephenie. You look so glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. We danced for several hours a day. It kept us in great shape. The costumes fit beautifully, too.

      Delete
  6. What wonderful memories, lovely lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sustainablemum. It was an exciting time of my life.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! You started out so young...very impressive! Happy New Year! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Yes, young and happy. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  8. You look just like we mere mortals believe a show girl should look-fabulous and so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was thirty-five years ago, but thank you, Anita. It was a very happy time of our lives.

    ReplyDelete