Thursday, January 2, 2020

Two Soap Orders Today



This morning I received two soap orders at my Etsy shop.  I was thrilled.  One was for my neighbor, so I hand delivered it to her.  The other I sent to a woman in Oklahoma.  She's a new customer. 

That gave me the impetus to make another batch of  Coconut Dream soap.  Since my dad died, I haven't felt the motivation to make any.  It's a relief to be inspired and excited about selling online again.  Grief has a strange effect.  It can make you sluggish and slow.  I had put my focus on keeping the house clean, staying up on the laundry, and doing yoga each night.  Those are still top priorities.  Riding my bike each morning with Lula is excellent cardio, too.

Last night I contacted a close friend and asked him if he would consider being my trustee.  He agreed.  I am so relieved.  He said that he just had the same conversation with his brother.  It is so important to choose someone who is detail oriented, responsible, good with money, and trustworthy.  This is a huge load off of my mind.  It had been bothering me.  It's so important to plan for the what ifs in life. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

12 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to come to terms with the reality that we all will die. My husband has written everything out for me in a folder entitled, "If I ever die". ha...he's being humorous. It is a mystery but we have to trust God that heaven is so much better than earth!

    Beautiful soap! I am giving up soap making. I just made a couple batches to use up my ingredients. I enjoy making it. I just have too many hobbies so I am giving up some...time is just passing too quickly. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, That's excellent that your husband has written out everything. I am doing the same. Yes, we have to prioritize with hobbies. I adore using homemade soap, and my friends love it as a gift. So, I am going to make more this year. Plus, it does well in my Etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have someone to be your trustee. These things are important. The first time I changed my Will was when my mother died; my daughter was still a minor and I needed to make sure her future would be OK if something happened to me. Later, I changed my Will again, when I was diagnosed with cancer. My daughter was an adult, then, so, I eliminated the guardians and trustees I had put in place, earlier, and put her in charge of everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, You sound very organized. It is important to have your affairs in order, especially if you live in California.

      Delete
  3. Your soaps are beautiful, Stephanie. I imagine those who receive them are thrilled!

    I think grief most certainly brings us undone. It can be hard to confront the passing of someone we love and also to ponder our own passing one day. In finding trust in others to know and respect our wishes and to take good care of our affairs eases some of that worry for us. Xx Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg, Yes, it's such an important decision. It feels good to organize the preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful looking soap. You are so right to have your affairs in order we have recently updated all ours. Thank you for your warm welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, mm. Updating is what I'm doing now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s good that you are appointing a trustee. I’ve also chosen one, and am determined to finish my will and all related things this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have that all sorted, not fun to do but necessary to get someone you can trust. Good for you with the soap orders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mereknits. I am so happy the my friend agreed. Maybe I can help him, too.

      Delete