Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Doing What Needs To Be Done



Yesterday I went to Walmart and stocked up on some toiletry supplies: mouth rinses, fluoride, root cover up for my hair, that sort of thing.  I also stopped at Joanne's and bought some mercerized cotton yarn and a tiny crochet hook.  I had read a blog post on crocheting your own bandages.  It sounded like so much fun.  Once I tried it, I realized that at my age, just seeing the thread is very tedious.  I will try to stick with it, but I have my doubts.  Instead I knit a slipper.  I am working on the second one now.  It's a joy to be using worsted weight yarn.  My ballet teacher from childhood sent me some dark grey skeins from her sister's alpacas.  She had started a shawl, but it didn't fit.  The yarn is fabulous!  I love working with it.  I can't wait to finish these; they are a vintage design, just like the ones that  my grandma used to wear.

I stopped by  my mechanic's garage  and made arrangements to have my electric window replaced.  I also need new wiper blades, to have the oil changed, and to get the maintenance check done for 60,000 miles.  Phew!  It was such a relief to get that all settled and organized.  First I will pay my property taxes, then I will have the car done. 

Today I picked up my new updated and notarized power of attorney forms.  That is a huge relief.  I still need to go back and finalize a few other changes.  It's so important to have people you trust on these items.  It was  a long drive home in the LA traffic, but I am grateful that I no longer have to commute daily.  Are you happy with the names you have on your will and power of attorneys?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a couple of very busy and productive days, Stephenie. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I am still tying up some loose ends.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the prompt Stephenie. Tony and I really must update our wills. I have a few friends that I would like to leave a little legacy to. They won't know till I pop my clogs so it will be a nice surprise for them if I go before they do. I have bought some Shea butter and plan to make some of your lotion bars this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, The updating is important. That's nice for your friends. I hope you are enjoying the lotion bars.

      Delete
  3. There is always something to do in life, isn't there! We need to change our will a little since we moved to a different state (I suppose!) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, alpaca is la creme de la creme! I bet they are gorgeous! It does feel good to have such things in order. We need to update ours since some major life changes, just need to find someone to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, alpaca is divine, isn't it? I hope you find someone who is excellent.

      Delete
  5. I still have to get my will done.

    It's time to make an appointment for car service as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, There's always something on the list. A dependable car is a wonderful thing.

      Delete
  6. Hi Stephenie.

    Those shawls sound lovely. I hope your share once you have finished.

    We have our wills all in order. But a lot of folk do not.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, Actually, I ripped back the shawl that my teacher had started, and started slippers. I am still working on the second one. Good for you for having your will in order.

      Delete
  7. Those small errands are always there. We still need to take care of our affairs. Thanks for the reminders. I can relate on how nice it is to work with worsted weight yarn after using finer yarns and thinner needles. Enjoy this beautiful Southern California weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Hasn't the weather been gorgeous? I love worsted weight yarn.

      Delete
  8. There is a "slight" adjustment when working from yarn to thread size 10. I need glasses ( cheaters) these days, your hands and eyes will adjust stick with it. When you move back to yarn it will feel like you have a tree trunk in your hand, and your working with rope..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried again, Faith. It is getting easier. I just finished a blanket with chunky alpaca. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete