Monday, January 27, 2020

Easy Lotion Bar Recipe

Some of you expressed interest in the lotion bars that I made the other day.  Here is the recipe that I use.  It's a simplified version of one that I found online.  It only uses three ingredients: coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax.

Smoky Beeswax Scented Lotion Bars
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup shea butter
2/3 cup grated beeswax or beeswax pastilles

Combine ingredients and heat over low heat in a heavy saucepan or double boiler.  Quickly pour into soap molds.  You can also use recycled margarine tubs or gelato containers.  Leave in molds four hours or overnight.  Freeze for a few hours to allow them to pop out of the molds easily.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!  I buy my beeswax at a local honey farm. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your recipe for the lotion bars, Stephenie. If I ever decide to try my hand at making them, I'll have to find a place from which to buy the shea butter and bees wax. All I have on hand is the coconut oil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I order my shea butter from Amazon, and buy the beeswax at a bee farm off of the 126. Brambleberry probably sells both, as well.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this Stephenie. I have just ordered some shea butter and as soon as it arrives I plan to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe, Stephenie. I'll see where I can source the ingredients and give it a try. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them, Jules. Hope you can find the ingredients near you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. I like the idea of solid lotion-no waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Anita. I reuse the muslin soap bags for them.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Thank you for popping over. It is a pretty crock pot, and still in good shape. Do you put the beeswax in another container, and then water in the crock pop? I wasn't sure I could do it, bee a long process. I've got my beeswax broken/melted into rosettes it should help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. been catching up with some of my reading; loved the Winchester mystery house, so beautiful & very practical!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to give it a go, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete