Monday, January 6, 2020

100 Sales on Etsy



Today I mailed out a soap order that marked my 100th sale on Etsy.  I am very pleased about that; I never anticipated it.  I started my Etsy shop after having my hips replaced.  I had no idea if I would find any customers, and if it would continue.  At least it gave me a focus while I was healing.  I decided to add my hand knits and crocheted items, as well.  It's become a very enjoyable mail order business.  I adore my customers.  

The last three orders this week have been for cameo soaps.  I am busily making some more for my stash.  I whipped up a batch of Coconut Dream soap several days ago.  My neighbor requested it, because it lathers nicely in the hard water.  It has a 20% superfat, and only uses a few ingredients.   

I have been working through my paperwork and clutter.  As I get older, it is more of a challenge to stay organized.  If I'm not careful, I can become careless and messy.  With a small cottage, things look out of control very quickly if they are not put away in their place.  I am also writing daily lists in my datebook.  It helps me to remember what I'm doing and to not get distracted.  

My intuition nudged me yesterday to buy a couple of new things, instead of always focusing on used and older items.  I bought a bright red plaid pair of Ralph Lauren pajamas and a knee length, snug, taupe knit skirt.  It will be perfect to wear over leggings with my snow boots.  That way I won't feel so exposed.   Leggings are a bit tight and clingy to wear when you are 55.  January is a great time to buy clothing.  Things are always on sale after Christmas.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th sale, Stephanie. I think it's wonderful that you have a little home-based business that is bringing you joy and income too. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th sale! Your soap looks so pretty. It does seem fun for you to have your business....small enough to give that personal touch! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. It is fun. All of my customers are so nice.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your etsy sales. That's fabulous.❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LL. I am inspired to make more soaps and knits.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th sale, Stephenie! That's a big milestone.
    I hope you will receive more orders this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100th sale! That's great! Paper is something I always struggle to keep under control! I often say that I put one piece of paper down and it attracts another piece of paper and, practically overnight, I have a whole pile of paper! Your new clothes sound nice! I'm glad you treated yourself to some new items. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. Quite a treat. The new clothes are very practical.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th sale, that is fantastic. What a great idea to make those things you love for yourself, for other people and make a business out of it at time when it was right in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! on your 100th sale!
    gosh that must feel good!? love the look of your soaps & knit wear/items, so it's no wonder they sell well.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your sales, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your continuing success with your soaps and hand knits. I loved the soap you gifted to me. Your new outfits sound beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 100 sales! That's really fantastic. Best wishes for the next 100!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job reaching 100 sales, Stephenie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney. Great to hear from you! Hope all's well.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations Stephenie on reaching 100 sales. You must be so proud.

    Keep up the good work and here's to many more successful sales on Etsy.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete