Thursday, January 9, 2020

A Visit To The Winchester Mystery House

Sarah Winchester's bedroom


I just returned home, after touring the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, California.  It was enchanting.  I am exhausted from the long drive, but will write more about it tomorrow.  It is such a special place.

Sarah Winchester's bed

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.    

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I saw something about it on a TV program, how she kept building to confuse ghosts! How wonderful that you were able to go and see it in person! Looking forward to hearing more about it (and seeing the pictures, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the whole story fascinating. I am excited to return and take the second tour.

      Delete
  2. That looks beautiful. That lovely sofa is just my kind of ideal bedroom seating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that piece, too, Cherie. The original furniture was auctioned off by her niece, after she died.

      Delete
  3. Sounds intriguing, looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sustainablemum, I just posted an interesting video about Sarah and her artistic home.

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to visit the Winchester House, I find it incredibly fascinating. How exciting that you went to visit, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Sandra. It was a dream to finally go. I have been wanting to see it for forty years. The video I posted is really well done. Thanks for reading and for commenting.

      Delete