Saturday, January 18, 2020

Yaktrax For Walking On Icy Surfaces

A couple of days ago I purchased a pair of Yaktrax at our local hardware store, to pull over my kamik winter boots.  They give excellent traction in the ice and snow.  I feel so much safer now that I have them. 

I had been slipping and sliding on my deck, when I was walking outside to get firewood.  It's so easy to hit a patch of ice  and fall.  You really have to be careful, especially as you get older.   

It's always exciting to find something that makes life easier, and helps you to feel safer.  Have any of you ever tried Yaktrax?  A couple of the men that I see on my morning walks with Lula recommended them. 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent an energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

14 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I've seen them. I was telling my husband how they make so much more sense than buying a shoe or something....good invention! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great, Andrea? I pull them on over my snow boots. They can fit over my hiking boots, too. It makes me fee so much safer.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried Yaktrax, but, then again, I haven't walked in ice and snow since I left Wisconsin, way back when! I am glad you found something to help you get better traction when you are up at the cabin. Too easy to slip and hurt yourself, out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Bless. These make me feel so much safer and calmer. (Especially when I am walking my dog.)

      Delete
  3. A wise idea. I have something similar for when it gets very icy here, which, thankfully, isn't very often. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, It always feels good to be prepared. (especially as we get older.)

      Delete
  4. Hi Stephenie. I have had a pair of yaktrax for years. Tony was issued them at work and immediately gave them to me. They have been an absolute godsend in the snow and ice. Snow hasn't been a problem so far this year but we know it will arrive sooner or later. Probably when we least expect it. Next time you are walking in the snow please would you draw a peace symbol for me. It would look so ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's wonderful. I didn't realize people were using them professionally on your side of the world. I will do my best with the peace sign, but I can't promise anything...

      Delete
  5. I had to google Yaktrax. 😁 I didn’t know what they were.

    I’m glad you pay attention to safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Yes, you wouldn't need them in Florida. They are fantastic!

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried Yaktrax, but the name was familiar. My sister who lives in eastern Washington State has them and swears by them. Do be careful on the snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, My boots work well in the snow, but the Yaktrax make a huge difference on the icy deck. I need to walk on it to collect firewood. These are perfect.

      Delete
  7. I must admit I have never heard of them but glad you feel safer in the snow and ice now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mm. They were an excellent investment. I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of them.

      Delete