Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Santorini: A Magical Place

pale blue shutters and bleached wooden chairs
 
I took loads of photos in Santorini, and it is hard not to post all of them.  It is such an exquisite setting.  The beauty is everywhere.  I love how clean the island is, and the contrast of colors.  People pay such attention to detail in their decor.  I was so impressed.   

I love this gate

I think this was one of the most memorable walks I have ever taken in my life.  Greek music was playing softly in the cafes.  The owners were inviting me in to have a cappuccino.  I explored every nook and cranny.  It was magical.

where I stopped for an expensive glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice

I found a pretty hostel and imagined myself staying there in the future.  On a cruise, you are just in port for the day.  It's a good way to get a feel for different parts of Europe.  You can always return to your favorite spots.  I think I will be coming back to Santorini.  

the white planters really set off the colors of nature

The gardens and the water really complemented each other.  All of the buildings were so white, and they looked freshly painted.  After arriving home, I began to examine my cottage with new eyes.  How can I improve?  Europe always inspires me.  I love the decor and style.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

10 comments:

  1. I've not been overseas, but from what I've seen and read, there certainly is an appreciation for keeping things nice. Those pictures are so in enticing - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, Lady Locust. Well said. The attention to detail makes all the difference.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful spot. So glad you were able to travel there and share your journey with us.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! It does look clean, with the white painted buildings gleaming in the sunshine! I'm so glad that you had such a lovely vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I love the discipline and care. The whole area sparkles with pride and love.

      Delete
  4. Your pictures look just like the ones from the travel magazines. It is good to know that it did not disappoint. I love the look of white buildings with bright flowers and vines all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that look, too, Anita. I took the photos with my six year old mini iPad!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. White buildings and blue water - that’s what I always picture when thinking of Mediterranean countries, especially Greece and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me, too, Nil. They are so beautiful in person. It's really a gorgeous place.

      Delete