Monday, December 2, 2019

Snowed In at the Cabin



I spent Thanksgiving up in the mountains. Here is what my deck looked like after the storm.  We had three feet of snow!  I stepped outside, thinking my new Canadian kamik snow boots would protect me.  The snow would have reached up to my hip bone!


Lula looked like she was swimming to try to and go potty.  I got out the shovel and dug for hours and hours.  If felt like I was clearing the pure white powder  uphill for half of a mile.  I broke the job up over two days.  My brother suggested I wait for the sunnier weather.  Someone cleared the area in front of my car for me.  It was like an igloo.  I decided to walk into town instead of driving.  I stopped and chatted with several of my neighbors.   It was such a relief to have a stockpile of nourishing food and firewood.


I took a sauna and used the snow as an ice bath.  It was so energizing.  There is something  magical about pure snow melt.  That's why I love swimming in lakes; it really recharges the aura.  I got a lot of knitting done on my pink alpaca blanket, too.  It was warm and cozy by the fire.  How was your Thanksgiving?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.         

23 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of snow. Perfect weather for knitting 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you were very cosy up in your cabin, Stephanie, warm and snug while it was snowing outside. It looks quite amazing with so much snow. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous, Christmasy scene from my picture window, Meg. I love gazing outside. It's so peaceful.

      Delete
  3. Your Thanksgiving snowed in at a cabin sounds somehow peaceful. All that clean pure snow and air. My adult sons and I had a feast at my house and we love each others company which puts us in the Thanksgiving mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, Yes, the snow is perfectly pure and white. I'm glad that you and your son enjoyed a feast together.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! It looks magical, although I'm glad you were well prepared and able to stay safe and warm. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We piled on the blankets, drank hot apple cider, and read by the fire, Jules.

      Delete
  5. It looks like an absolute winter wonderland! Glad you were safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It is, Bless. I especially love watching the sunrise each morning. The colors of the sky are magnificent!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! And that sunrise! You bought your cabin just in time for an idyllic winter! You probably had to shovel a path just for Lula! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Andrea. I needed to shovel a path for both of us. It was excellent exercise, though. The air is so clean and fresh.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness it is so gorgeous. I know it is a lot of work but it is beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mereknits. They don't usually get this much snow at one time in Wrightwood. It looks like a Christmas card.

      Delete
  8. That looks magical. We never get that much snow and part of me would love it if we did... but the sensible part of me says no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoveling was intense, but I felt very accomplished once it was done. It is magical, as you said.

      Delete
  9. Your snow was my rain over Thanksgiving! We had almost 2.5 inches of rain down here over 3 days. Much needed. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Steve has one more slice of pumpkin pie to finish off though! Your snow looks beautiful and your time in the cabin sounds like a heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Your pumpkin pie sounds scrumptious. The snow was very special.

      Delete
  10. Oh, wow!! It looks like an enchanted wonderland! I only ever see snow scenes like that on Christmas Cards. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Pipistrello. It was a treat to have this scene outside of my window.

      Delete
  11. You are going to have a wonderful Christmas up in the mountains , with lots of snow! Maybe you can make a snowman. 😊

    I love watching snow flakes fall. As long as I’m warmly inside. I wish we had snow at least once a year in Florida.
    Stay warm, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Nil. I should make a snowman. My brother lives in Florida, too, and says that it's always very warm.

      Delete