Thursday, August 24, 2017

A Letter From a Soap Customer


Yesterday I received a very nice message from a soap customer named Jill. With her permission, I am reprinting it here. As you will see, she is a beautiful writer.

"My soaps have arrived! Such quick service and what an elegant presentation!

They were there when I came back from a very long hot walk in the park with my dog. I jumped into the shower with the shea butter bar. It is a very cleansing and emollient soap, and just what I needed.

When I use these up, would you consider an order of  unscented soaps? I'm not sure how many bars are in a typical batch.

I am making one of the goat's milk bars into your recipe for liquid soap. You mentioned using it in the laundry with washing soda, borax and baking soda...what proportions do you normally use per load?

I found your soaps through your lovely blog and then it clicked and I realized that once upon a time I also read your dance articles! Such a coincidence."


I was so pleased to read this message. It really made my day. Many years ago, I worked as a  writer for a magazine called Dancer. I had a monthly column titled The Awakened Soul, and I also wrote regular cover and feature stories. When I started blogging, I was hoping to find some of the readers who used to receive that magazine. It was distributed for free to all of the dance studios in the USA. Serendipity!



Today I am making a batch of unscented She Butter Goat's Milk Soap. The oils are cooling right now. After I mix the lye with the frozen goat's milk, I will pour the mixture into the molds, and place them in the freezer. After 30 minutes, I'll switch them to the fridge, and then unmold them in a couple days.   

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Selina, Nice, huh? She did all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Nil, I think so, too. We never know who is reading these blogs.

      Delete
  3. Life is full of coincidences, some very minor, but occasionally - extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hope, That's true. I always pay attention to coincidences. They make me feel like I'm on track. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete