Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Looking Forward


Looking forward to upcoming events is a big part of being happy. Whether it's a trip, a class, a dinner with friends, or an activity, having a positive sense about the future changes how we feel.  For the past few weeks, I have been eagerly anticipating receiving the yarn I ordered to make an alpaca throw for a friend. It arrived in yesterday's mail, and I started working on it this morning. It's gorgeous! It's kind of fun to work on a new item when the customer has chosen the colors. I find that they always pick shades that I wouldn't have realized look so nice together. This yarn is a mixture of purples, earth tones, black, and burgundy. It's really knitting up into something special, especially for a man's apartment. My friend thought it would look nice coupled with his grey color scheme and furniture. I think so, too. He said that his mom had hers displayed  on the back of the couch. I love the way hand knits look when they are draped over the furniture. They add such a special touch of artistic energy.


I finished another set of the Knitted Knockers to donate to the breast cancer patients. I really enjoy doing this pattern. It's one that I can take to a knitting group, and it moves quickly, too. I've got two sets to give to them this month, one is a B cup, and the other is a C cup. I used the Bamboo Pop yarn for the blue/pastel ones, and some stashed leftover Cascade Ultra Pima Cotton yarn for the lavender set. I bought both yarns locally, at Creative Ewe in Santa Clarita.

I just   received another order for a baby blanket. I adore the pattern. It's one that I make all the time. This version will be in white, and it will have a border with a variegated yarn. The colors are a mixture of pink, lavender, tan, and white. I think it's going to be lovely. Once I finish the alpaca throw, I'll get started on the baby blanket. I don't like to have too many projects going at once, especially when I'm working on a deadline. It's nice to have these items to look forward to finishing. I also enjoy them because they are relaxing, repetitive, and elegant. As I get older, I'm learning that things don't have to be complicated to be beautiful. I thrive on knitting simple designs with technique, accuracy, and passion. How are your hobbies going?     

4 comments:

  1. I agree that having something to look forward is a great feeling. Those colours for the alpaca throw are just beautiful. Deep colours which really compliment each other.
    I'm slowly working of my cross stitch each night. I find it a great time to wind down after a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perfect description of the colors, Kylie. I love working with this yarn. Color really does influence me. I saw a photo of your cross stitch on your blog. It's so sweet. It really looks like home.

      Delete
  2. some gorgeous colours there & think the bloke should be very happy with that blanket too!
    simple knitting is wonderfully relaxing, am still enjoying the beanies i've been making
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, I think they are gorgeous, too. His mom ordered one in dark green. He was there visiting when she received it. So, he knows how soft and warm they are. I never thought I'd be getting so many orders for warm blankets in the hottest part of the year. It's been 107 degrees here! Glad to hear that you are still knitting the beanies. I love your work. I've always admired it.

      Delete